The Student Room Group

Aberdeen or Strathclyde

I’m an international student and below are the courses I’ve offers for

Msc Finance - Strathclyde (25K tuition)
MSc Finance and Investment mgmt (17K tuition)

Which would be better, the course is only for a year, and I’m leaning towards Aberdeen as its cheaper.

Any other better university that starts in January?
Reply 1
Aberdeen is also ranked better overall
Try Leicester and Surrey for Jan intake, they are in the same league as the two you mentioned. Being close to London gives them distinct advantage aswel.
Yes Aberdeen is better in most rankings but overall they all are tier 3 category universities I reckon
Original post by mandolor
I’m an international student and below are the courses I’ve offers for

Msc Finance - Strathclyde (25K tuition)
MSc Finance and Investment mgmt (17K tuition)

Which would be better, the course is only for a year, and I’m leaning towards Aberdeen as its cheaper.

Any other better university that starts in January?

Hey @mandolor :biggrin: Congrats on your offers, that's great!

Let me know if there's any questions I can help with from Strathclyde. We've also got some great student ambassadors available that will be able to tell you more about their courses and student life here. You can find them here: https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/chattoastudentambassador/. I think Aberdeen may have something similar.

You've got a big decision to make between two great unis. My best advice is to weigh up what's important to *you* and make your decision based on this. Take in to consideration costs, location, course content, careers, extra-curricular opportunities (clubs/societies/part time work etc) and anything else you're looking for in a university. Have a think about what matters most to you as a student and then look for the courses that match up.

Good luck with your decision, and let me know if I can help!

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest