The Student Room Group

National Grid Graduate Scheme

Does anyone know how to prepare for National Grid's grad scheme online assessment/type of questions asked and game exercise?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Safar.ra
Does anyone know how to prepare for National Grid's grad scheme online assessment/type of questions asked and game exercise?

Did you apply? Have you heard anything since?
I passed their test and VI. just waiting if they have space for me in ac
Original post by A Gentleman
I passed their test and VI. just waiting if they have space for me in ac

That’s the same for me I think, said I had passed my VI but was being reviewed by the hiring manager. Which position did you apply for? When did you submit your VI? Sorry for 20Q it’s the only thread I’ve found relating to national grid haha
Original post by AshleaJade
That’s the same for me I think, said I had passed my VI but was being reviewed by the hiring manager. Which position did you apply for? When did you submit your VI? Sorry for 20Q it’s the only thread I’ve found relating to national grid haha

i can't remember what role i applied for and It was like sept? you
Original post by A Gentleman
i can't remember what role i applied for and It was like sept? you

I applied for the finance graduate position. Mine was end of Oct though
Reply 6
Please would be kind enough to share the assessment details. Like how was it? What kind of questions were there in the VI and was it very difficult?
Reply 7
Original post by Safar.ra

I applied for graduate procurement buyer
Reply 8
Original post by 1234nd
I applied for graduate procurement buyer

Thank you @Safar.ra for quick reply. You are very kind. ☺️ Hope I’ll crack this part of the assessment 🤞🏻
Has anyone heard back yet?
Original post by 1234nd
Please would be kind enough to share the assessment details. Like how was it? What kind of questions were there in the VI and was it very difficult?

yeah what's your instagram i can share a few screenshots
Reply 11
Original post by 1234nd
Thank you @Safar.ra for quick reply. You are very kind. ☺️ Hope I’ll crack this part of the assessment 🤞🏻

I passed the VI and online game and it now says my application is under review by hiring manager. Do you know how much time they will take to get back? Thanks
Original post by 1234nd
I passed the VI and online game and it now says my application is under review by hiring manager. Do you know how much time they will take to get back? Thanks

I had that response too, they sent the email to me on 2nd Nov advising it would be reviewed by the hiring manager - but no time frame included so I guess it’s just a waiting game
Reply 13
I had that response too, they sent the email to me on 2nd Nov advising it would be reviewed by the hiring manager - but no time frame included so I guess it’s just a waiting game

After seeing all the conversations here, I think everyone is waiting from quite a long time and I am new in the game 😅 hopefully we get the green flag soon ✌🏻
Original post by 1234nd
After seeing all the conversations here, I think everyone is waiting from quite a long time and I am new in the game 😅 hopefully we get the green flag soon ✌🏻

Fingers crossed! This is my first round of applications for grad schemes so never experienced an assessment centre yet
Fingers crossed! This is my first round of applications for grad schemes so never experienced an assessment centre yet

I just used my first 4 assessment centers as learning curve. I remember my first invite. soon as I saw the email my heart pounding for 1hr straight
Original post by Proxenus
I just used my first 4 assessment centers as learning curve. I remember my first invite. soon as I saw the email my heart pounding for 1hr straight

I just got accepted for the assessment centre!! I agree it’s very exciting! 😂

congratulations!! when is it? how you feeling??
Original post by Proxenus
congratulations!! when is it? how you feeling??

It’s on the 24th Nov, although it does state only half a day which is surprising as I thought it would have been a full day. I’m so excited, but quite nervous as it’s my first
Reply 19

Hey.. congratulations 🎉 Best wishes to you.. and do share your experience later ☺️✌🏻

Quick Reply

Latest