The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Health professions foundation year

Hiya, just wondering if there’s anyone else in the process of applying for the uwe health professions foundation year to start in September 2022? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya, I've applied for the midwifery pathway. What pathway are you applying for?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by Missycsh_xo
Hiya, just wondering if there’s anyone else in the process of applying for the uwe health professions foundation year to start in September 2022? :biggrin:

Hiya I'm applying, what pathway are you applying for?
Reply 3
Original post by Mummyof4
Hiya, I've applied for the midwifery pathway. What pathway are you applying for?

I’m in the process of applying now. I’ve been torn between midwifery and Childrens nursing for a long time!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hiya I'm applying, what pathway are you applying for?

Hiya. I’m just in the process of applying now. I mentioned above I’ve been torn for a long time between midwifery and Childrens nursing. I’m going to go with Childrens nursing. What about you?
Hiya. I’m just in the process of applying now. I mentioned above I’ve been torn for a long time between midwifery and Childrens nursing. I’m going to go with Childrens nursing. What about you?

Not sure at moment thinking more nursing not sure on which.
Reply 6
I’m in the process of applying now. I’ve been torn between midwifery and Childrens nursing for a long time!

They are both really good pathways, let me know when you have applied and heard back
Reply 7
They are both really good pathways, let me know when you have applied and heard back

I will do! I’m a mum of 3 and will be quitting my job as midwifery assistant to do this so I’m feeling nervous. Let me know how you get on
I will do! I’m a mum of 3 and will be quitting my job as midwifery assistant to do this so I’m feeling nervous. Let me know how you get on

I will l, I'm a mum of 4 and a senior care assistant so I think we are in the same position. I'm nervous too but extremely excited about this
I will l, I'm a mum of 4 and a senior care assistant so I think we are in the same position. I'm nervous too but extremely excited about this

Sorry meant similar position.
Not sure at moment thinking more nursing not sure on which.

It’s hard isn’t it. Let me know which you decide to go for! :smile:
Do any of you know if you can get student finance / help with funding for the foundation year? Looking online seems to suggest not!
Do any of you know if you can get student finance / help with funding for the foundation year? Looking online seems to suggest not!

Hi yeah, you can get student finance for the 4 years you have to apply for it as you would a 3 year degree but tell them its 4 years full time. Hope that helps. Thats what they told me on the open day in October
Hi yeah, you can get student finance for the 4 years you have to apply for it as you would a 3 year degree but tell them its 4 years full time. Hope that helps. Thats what they told me on the open day in October

Ah phew! Thank you
Ah phew! Thank you

Good luck with the application.
Good luck with the application.

Thank you. Just waiting for the reference to be sent back and then I can submit! Let me know when you hear back :smile:
Thank you. Just waiting for the reference to be sent back and then I can submit! Let me know when you hear back :smile:

Oh thats brilliant it shouldn't be too long as at the open day they said by end of November beginning of December
Original post by claireb833
Hi ive aplied for midwifery at uwe xx

Hi thats brilliant hopefully we will be on the same course cc
Hi thats brilliant hopefully we will be on the same course cc

I missed the open day this weekend, which I was gutted about. I hear UWE is so hard to get into so I'm really nervous about my interview next week.
Original post by claireb833
I missed the open day this weekend, which I was gutted about. I hear UWE is so hard to get into so I'm really nervous about my interview next week.

Hi yeah I've heard it is too, are you doing the foundation year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending