Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Yay! Hopefully we hear something soon then! Good luck x
Original post by Missycsh_xo
Yay! Hopefully we hear something soon then! Good luck x

Good luck x
I’ve just been reading lots of old posts about this course and it’s quite hard to get on too isn’t it. Lots of people have tried every year for a few years 😬 only a handful of spaces for each pathway! I’m wondering if I should apply for an access course as a back up just incase!
I’ve just been reading lots of old posts about this course and it’s quite hard to get on too isn’t it. Lots of people have tried every year for a few years 😬 only a handful of spaces for each pathway! I’m wondering if I should apply for an access course as a back up just incase!

Hi, when i went to the open day they said there were limited spaces for all the pathways cant remember exactly how many though. I've been looking at access course as a back up too.
Original post by claireb833
Hello, I have completed online access to Midwifery and have been offered a place on blended and campus learning for midwifery at UWE starting in September. I would say the access course has the bases to prepare you for uni and I redid my GCSE maths last year to ensure I met all the criteria. My advice do an access course as this give you choice, also completion of the foundation pathway doesn't give you automatic entry on to the degree.

Hi, I think that might be a good idea, who/where did you do access with and gcse. Thanks
No I think you’re guaranteed a place on your chosen pathway if you complete this course successfully. I’m sure you are 🤔 but going to look into the access course just incase anyway!
No I think you’re guaranteed a place on your chosen pathway if you complete this course successfully. I’m sure you are 🤔 but going to look into the access course just incase anyway!

Yeah the health professions course leader did say as long as you completed it successfully then you are automatically on your chosen pathway degree
I can’t believe how competitive it is! Fingers crossed for us 😬
I can’t believe how competitive it is! Fingers crossed for us 😬

Yeah I know, fingers crossed we get it x
Original post by claireb833
Hello
I did my access to Midwifery online with Learn direct self-funded. However, there is much online access who now accept the adult learner loan. Tbh I was told by another uni that the foundation pathway is not a guaranteed place onto the full degree otherwise it would be unfair to others who did not choose the foundation pathway, but also it would reduce the available places for the degree cohort. My understanding was you could apply for the degree after completing the foundation year. I may be completely wrong but I would check with UWE. I hope this is not the case and I wish everyone the best of luck gaining a place on the course. :smile: xx

Thank you x
I’ve just had my interview email 😬
I’ve just had my interview email 😬

Yay! Thats good news, I will check mine
Any luck? X
Any luck? X

Yes, I have an interview, good luck x
Original post by Mummyof4
Yes, I have an interview, good luck x

Yay!! Good luck x
Hello,I have my interview on the 11th Jan, does anyone have any advice? I've never done anything like this before so really nervous and unsure what questions will be asked.Good luck all x
Original post by studentpr0598
Hello,I have my interview on the 11th Jan, does anyone have any advice? I've never done anything like this before so really nervous and unsure what questions will be asked.Good luck all x

I’m not sure, nor have I. I have mine after you. So nervous. What pathway have you chosen? X
I’m not sure, nor have I. I have mine after you. So nervous. What pathway have you chosen? X

Occupational Therapy, I think the fact each pathway chosen has such limited spaces makes it 100x more daunting. I'm guessing the best way to prepare is to research your chosen pathway in enough detail of what they do, what you can bring to the NHS, any specific qualities you may have that make you stand out from others etc .. Good luck x
Original post by studentpr0598
Occupational Therapy, I think the fact each pathway chosen has such limited spaces makes it 100x more daunting. I'm guessing the best way to prepare is to research your chosen pathway in enough detail of what they do, what you can bring to the NHS, any specific qualities you may have that make you stand out from others etc .. Good luck x

Hi yeah I think that's all we can do x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending