The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

kcl 2022 psych + psych with neuroscience

kcl 2022 applicants come and chat!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i'm applying for psychology with neuroscience with a professional placement year (2022). anyone else?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by baked.bean
i'm applying for psychology with neuroscience with a professional placement year (2022). anyone else?

I'm a first-year student ask me anything!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a first-year student ask me anything!

omg thank you so much! I was wondering whether you could tell me what the course is like i.e the neuroscience to psychology ratio and how you're personally enjoying the course?? Thank you!
omg thank you so much! I was wondering whether you could tell me what the course is like i.e the neuroscience to psychology ratio and how you're personally enjoying the course?? Thank you!

Hi the course is predominantly psychology-based- we actually share some modules with the BSc psychology course. Some aspects of the course are interesting especially modules involving neuroanatomy. some modules are quite challenging- we have to do coding on R studio. This course is very comprehensive... we cover a lot from science to statistics to writing essays or making portfolios. this course is mostly coursework based as exams are multiple-choice

the thing which i don't like about the course is where it is based in Denmark hill campus of kings. the area is dull nothing like guys campus or strand ;( we actually started a petition to move the course but it was sadly rejected....
I hope this helps best of luck
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi the course is predominantly psychology-based- we actually share some modules with the BSc psychology course. Some aspects of the course are interesting especially modules involving neuroanatomy. some modules are quite challenging- we have to do coding on R studio. This course is very comprehensive... we cover a lot from science to statistics to writing essays or making portfolios. this course is mostly coursework based as exams are multiple-choice

the thing which i don't like about the course is where it is based in Denmark hill campus of kings. the area is dull nothing like guys campus or strand ;( we actually started a petition to move the course but it was sadly rejected....
I hope this helps best of luck

ahh i see!! thank you so much for this! it was really helpful! sorry to bother you again but I was wondering how much of this ourse was coding and whether the coding was very difficult?
ahh i see!! thank you so much for this! it was really helpful! sorry to bother you again but I was wondering how much of this ourse was coding and whether the coding was very difficult?

Hi again! the coding part is not a major component of the course (it was only worth 30% in the module we just did) but it is the most prominent component; we do coding in year 1 and 2 so its vital you have a good understanding. To be honest I find coding difficult but i find other things easier- it just really depends on the person. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 7
How long did it take for them to send out offers?
Original post by DM135
How long did it take for them to send out offers?

hi, I got mine at the end of March.
Reply 9
is anyone still waiting to hear back for neuro + pych?
Yes. Haven’t heard anything
Original post by pari123
is anyone still waiting to hear back for neuro + pych?

yes im still waiting ahaha its been so long
anyone got offer?
Reply 13
nope still waiting
no! it’s getting so annoying. I heard in another thread they had an internal deadline of March 31st but it seems our course hasn’t given any offers yet :frown:
They are giving rejections for this course though
Hey everyone ! Hope u all r doing well ...
Guys u know i'm really into psychology but for the reasons like jobs opportunities I had to left it cuz i 'be heard that it actually needs at least masters degree to start earning !!
Does anybody know anyone who actually has an offer for the neuroscience and psychology course? I haven’t seen anybody receive an offer yet, and we’re nearly half way through April!!!!!!
Original post by OwenLangford27
Does anybody know anyone who actually has an offer for the neuroscience and psychology course? I haven’t seen anybody receive an offer yet, and we’re nearly half way through April!!!!!!

nop ....not heard about the offer from anyone..i am still waiting for the reply.....so frustrating.....
hi just received my offer last night !

Quick Reply

Latest