The Student Room Group

UCAS - Italian student

Hi everyone,
I'm an Italian student who needs to convert his final grade of the Italian Maturità into UCAS points but I can't find it in the conversion tool in the UCAS website.
I did the ESABAC program and at the end I have been awarded with two diplomas:
the Italian Maturità Scientifica (I got 100/100) and the French Baccalauréat (I got 20/20).

Does anyone know how to convert this into UCAS points?
Thank you so much for your help!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by turbojuly
Hi everyone,
I'm an Italian student who needs to convert his final grade of the Italian Maturità into UCAS points but I can't find it in the conversion tool in the UCAS website.
I did the ESABAC program and at the end I have been awarded with two diplomas:
the Italian Maturità Scientifica (I got 100/100) and the French Baccalauréat (I got 20/20).

Does anyone know how to convert this into UCAS points?
Thank you so much for your help!

From personal experience, you don't need to convert your grades. When you write your grades on UCAS you select the Italian maturità and add the final grade. Also when they ask for the subject you should write all the subjects in your final year with the grade that you got in the last year "pagella"
Reply 2
Original post by XanaXoid
From personal experience, you don't need to convert your grades. When you write your grades on UCAS you select the Italian maturità and add the final grade. Also when they ask for the subject you should write all the subjects in your final year with the grade that you got in the last year "pagella"

Do you mean here (https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator) ?
I need to convert it into UCAS tariff points but in this calculator I can't find the Italian maturità.
Do you mean here (https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator) ?
I need to convert it into UCAS tariff points but in this calculator I can't find the Italian maturità.

Are you applying to uni? If so, you don't need to do the conversions but each uni has a conversion table on their website (100 is the max grade so should be fine for every requirement)
Reply 4
Are you applying to uni? If so, you don't need to do the conversions but each uni has a conversion table on their website (100 is the max grade so should be fine for every requirement)

I am applying for an internship at the Bank of England and they ask the following:
1. Have you obtained at least 120 UCAS points (A-level or equivalent)?
I'd say yes (other options are "no, but there were mitigating circumstances affecting my grades" and "no")
2. Please input your UCAS points using the new tariff.
I can choose between 0-50, 51-80, 81-100, 101-120, 121-145, 146-170, 171-200, 201-225, 226+.
I saw that the French Baccalauréat with 16+ is 168 UCAS tariff points, so I though maybe I should put 171-200 if I consider the French Baccalauréat and the Italian maturità. I don't know honestly, I tried to email them but they haven't replied yet. What do you think?
I am applying for an internship at the Bank of England and they ask the following:
1. Have you obtained at least 120 UCAS points (A-level or equivalent)?
I'd say yes (other options are "no, but there were mitigating circumstances affecting my grades" and "no")
2. Please input your UCAS points using the new tariff.
I can choose between 0-50, 51-80, 81-100, 101-120, 121-145, 146-170, 171-200, 201-225, 226+.
I saw that the French Baccalauréat with 16+ is 168 UCAS tariff points, so I though maybe I should put 171-200 if I consider the French Baccalauréat and the Italian maturità. I don't know honestly, I tried to email them but they haven't replied yet. What do you think?

1. yes you do
2. what if you only consider the french one? and so you choose 146-170?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
1. yes you do
2. what if you only consider the french one? and so you choose 146-170?

Yes, I could also do that. But I thought that maybe the Italian maturità with that final grade would give me at least 3 additional UCAS points. Maybe if I want to be completely sure it might be better choosing 146-170
Yes, I could also do that. But I thought that maybe the Italian maturità with that final grade would give me at least 3 additional UCAS points. Maybe if I want to be completely sure it might be better choosing 146-170

I'm also sure that 100 with the Maturità will give you around the same amount of ucas points as the french one. But even if we discover how much is worth idk if you can sum them
Reply 8
I'm also sure that 100 with the Maturità will give you around the same amount of ucas points as the french one. But even if we discover how much is worth idk if you can sum them

Well on the UCAS tariff calculator you can add different qualifications and the final result is the sum between the UCAS tariff points associated to each qualification. But I think that 336 points is too much... I might put 168 to be sure then
Well on the UCAS tariff calculator you can add different qualifications and the final result is the sum between the UCAS tariff points associated to each qualification. But I think that 336 points is too much... I might put 168 to be sure then

Mhh yeah I'd suggest to put 168 but it's not a common situation so if you have a chance to explain it, I'd tell them
Reply 10
Mhh yeah I'd suggest to put 168 but it's not a common situation so if you have a chance to explain it, I'd tell them

I will put 168, then there is a section about Education where I will put detailed information about my academic qualifications to better explain my situation. Thank you so much for your help! Have a nice day!
Reply 11
I will put 168, then there is a section about Education where I will put detailed information about my academic qualifications to better explain my situation. Thank you so much for your help! Have a nice day!

Ciao, sono uno studente italiano di economia, sei riuscito ad avere la internship offerto dalla banca di Inghilterra?

Hello, I am an Italian student of economics, have you had the internship offered by the Bank of England?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending