The Student Room Group

Fast track course at edge hill

Hi everyone im applying for the fast track course at edge hill for June 2022 who else is applying or have applied i also want to study childhood and youth studies in September 2022
Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're applying for our Fastrack course in June. I was a Fastrack student here and it gave me a great foundation to thrive at university.

The course is designed to give you the skills you need to study Higher Education. You will take classes and workshops centered around essay writing, research techniques and referencing, so you feel prepared when you progress onto your course in September.

You also get the chance to meet and study with lecturers from your chosen undergraduate course. They deliver more course specific workshops that give you a look at subjects that are covered in your degree. It was great to meet the tutors and a mix of younger and mature students, some of who were studying similar subjects.

You also get the time to settle into your new environment at university through Fastrack, especially because you get access to the campus when the majority of students have left for the summer. I understand that being away from education can make you anxious about how you'll settle in again. After years away from education, I was frightened that I would be like a fish out of water, but the supportive atmosphere here helps you to find your feet as a student.

I hope you have a great time here at Edge Hill!

Best of luck with everything,

Melissa
Reply 2
Hi, I'm starting the Fastrack in June, looking forward to it.
Reply 3
@FLind835 @ejwarbrick1999
Hi,
I have an interview for the fast track in two weeks. Could either of you let me know what to expect please? Thanks :-)
Reply 4
Hi my interview was more about the Degree course I am going on to after fastrack. in fact the interviewer didn't know I was applying via fastrack. It was over zoom and lasted just under 1 hr. Then it was a few days later that I got an email to offer my a place on my degree course subject to successful completion of the fastrack course. Good luck.
Reply 5
Thank you for replying. I know what to focus on now.
Original post by FLind835
Hi, I'm starting the Fastrack in June, looking forward to it.

I can't wait to start too what course do you want to do in September
Reply 7
Counselling and Psychotherapy what about you.
Childhood and youth studies
Hi,

Just wondering if you are awarded with anything official upon completion of the fast track course?

Hi @chloenewman1,

On successful completion of our Fastrack course students are awarded with a University Foundation Certificate Fastrack: Preparation for Higher Education from Edge Hill University.

It is specifically designed to prepared students with the skills and knowledge to study on an Edge Hill University degree in a selected subject area.

It is an intensive, seven-week preparation programme designed to enhance your subject knowledge and take the fear out of academic study with training in essential skills such as note-taking, essay writing and an introduction to IT.

You might find it useful to chat to Michelle to find out more about the course. She successfully completed our Fastrack programme to progress onto our BSc (Hons) Business and Management degree.

We also have an upcoming Fastrack information evening on the 9th March which you may find useful to meet Access Programmes Team and subject tutors.

I hope this helps

Pippa
Course Enquires Team
Hi,
Thank you for the information!
I was just wondering if someone starts the course who has a pre booked holiday which means they need a day or two off of the course is this allowed? Or are no days off allowed?
Thanks

Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi @chloenewman1,

On successful completion of our Fastrack course students are awarded with a University Foundation Certificate Fastrack: Preparation for Higher Education from Edge Hill University.

It is specifically designed to prepared students with the skills and knowledge to study on an Edge Hill University degree in a selected subject area.

It is an intensive, seven-week preparation programme designed to enhance your subject knowledge and take the fear out of academic study with training in essential skills such as note-taking, essay writing and an introduction to IT.

You might find it useful to chat to Michelle to find out more about the course. She successfully completed our Fastrack programme to progress onto our BSc (Hons) Business and Management degree.

We also have an upcoming Fastrack information evening on the 9th March which you may find useful to meet Access Programmes Team and subject tutors.

I hope this helps

Pippa
Course Enquires Team
Original post by chloenewman1
Hi,
Thank you for the information!
I was just wondering if someone starts the course who has a pre booked holiday which means they need a day or two off of the course is this allowed? Or are no days off allowed?
Thanks

Hi there,

We do ask for over 90% attendance to successfully complete Fastrack, but if you have a pre-booked holiday, I encourage you to speak with our Fastrack team directly before the start of the course.

Thanks,

Melissa- Course Enquiries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending