The Student Room Group

Is it possible to improve from grade 3 to 9 in year 10?

Right now, I’m in year 9 and the average grades I have at the moment is around 3 which is nightmare to hear because I was one of the top student in year 8 then I was slowly getting worse and worse and I have few month to keep the grade up which is around 2-3 months like you guys, so will my sets in science will go down in year 10 or there a info that I didn’t know, by the way I just need info how to get my grades from 3-9 in year 10 by the time I finish year 9 (which is crazy to hear because it felt like a day in year 9)
So yeah,
Thanks if y’all reading 🙏
I really would be so much appreciate if y’all respond as well!
Do you know why you are not getting the grades you want? Is it due to lack of revision or poor quality revision?
I would say probably aim to 6s or 7s before you start aiming for 9s just to make the goal seem a bit more realistic.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Do you know why you are not getting the grades you want? Is it due to lack of revision or poor quality revision?
I would say probably aim to 6s or 7s before you start aiming for 9s just to make the goal seem a bit more realistic.
Nah, it not the problem with lack of revisions or poor quality revision, it is just I moved to another school and I’m behind with things which is hard to get my grades up, because my starting grade is lower than others because they said they haven’t “seen my work”. So yeah.
Original post by Smartmohmaedx
Nah, it not the problem with lack of revisions or poor quality revision, it is just I moved to another school and I’m behind with things which is hard to get my grades up, because my starting grade is lower than others because they said they haven’t “seen my work”. So yeah.
I'd suggests starting with talking to your subject teacher who should be willing to offer feedback and advice.
I'd also maybe contest the idea that that they put your grade so low due to not seeing your work, they should have been given all info such as predicted grades by your previous school. An option to try and show your work is to do small tests which mimic what you would have taken at this new school.
The only other option really is to increase the amount of time being put into your studies to try and cover more content to catch up. Playing the catch up game is hard especially in such crucial GCSE years but I believe you can do it.
Original post by FairyPeriapt
I'd suggests starting with talking to your subject teacher who should be willing to offer feedback and advice.
I'd also maybe contest the idea that that they put your grade so low due to not seeing your work, they should have been given all info such as predicted grades by your previous school. An option to try and show your work is to do small tests which mimic what you would have taken at this new school.
The only other option really is to increase the amount of time being put into your studies to try and cover more content to catch up. Playing the catch up game is hard especially in such crucial GCSE years but I believe you can do it.
Thanks, and the reason why they havnt gave me some small test and stuff, is they are underperforming school which made me mad because I just went from good school to bad school just over my dad job, and it already been 6 months or smth so I don’t think they want to give me a small test or wanr a predicted grade on my previous school, I seriously think if they do, I would’ve be a top person which there are under like 100 student in my school.
So what I’m planning is when I move into another school, hopefully good school, in end of this year, I would try to get my grades up fast as possible and have extra curricular activities which’ll impressove the uni and have a couple of awards and finally the grades.
But what I’m really struggling is that timing, because right now I have 2 schools in my hand which is Monday to Friday and another school is Saturday and Sunday which is arabic school, yeah I’m him. But seriously I really hope this would happen in future.
Thanks if you respond if I have made mistake or you give me another tips/advice for all subjects like English.
Thanks for million times for giving me tips in earlier responses heart.
So that grade isn't actually representative of your ability, is what you are saying. Do you know what you need to catch up on and have you asked your teachers for help with that?
So that grade isn't actually representative of your ability, is what you are saying. Do you know what you need to catch up on and have you asked your teachers for help with that?
No I don’t know what I’m catching up on because my teacher is stupid because they sometimes change topics every once a day or smth like from atom to hazard symbol (that not what I’m doing,but it an example)
So my only option is just wait until end of year 9 and move to another school, that where my ability, hard work, determination comes in.
So yeah..
Tell me any tips or advice for next year so I can be 110% ready.
Thanks
No I don’t know what I’m catching up on because my teacher is stupid because they sometimes change topics every once a day or smth like from atom to hazard symbol (that not what I’m doing,but it an example)
So my only option is just wait until end of year 9 and move to another school, that where my ability, hard work, determination comes in.
So yeah..
Tell me any tips or advice for next year so I can be 110% ready.
Thanks
I would start looking at content in revision guides (e.g. CGP) or on BBC Bitesize to get a clearer idea of the content. There is not much more I can really suggest unfortunately 🙁
I would start looking at content in revision guides (e.g. CGP) or on BBC Bitesize to get a clearer idea of the content. There is not much more I can really suggest unfortunately 🙁
It’s fine, but I’m glad that I did get noticed because in school, it kind of lonely tbh.
But anyway thanks for advice before, I really appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest