The Student Room Group

Will a suspension hinder my chances of getting into sixth form?

Basically, I got externally suspended at the beginning of this year for chewing gum (yeah, I know). I was in year 10 when it happened.
Reply 1
It will be on your record, so yes. However, so is the reason, so I doubt it will be looked upon too harshly. Worrying about it won;t change it though, so just focus on your exams (if you have any left) and applying for sixth forms.
definitely not
Reply 3
i can't believe you got suspended for chewing gum? in my opinion, it won't harm you at all, especially for such a minor offense. my brother was suspended when he was in year 11 for spraying an aerosol which lead to another boy having an athsma attack and being taken to hospital. he applied to another school for sixth form and got in despite the incident. so you should be fine.
Reply 4
Yes, you should of read the rules kiddo.
Reply 5
LOL. You got suspended for CHEWING GUM? That's crazy! But, no, as far as I'm concerned, plenty of people in my year have been suspended, and are still attending sixth form (providing it wasn't an excessively serious event). But then again, your school sounds quite strict....
Reply 6
i got a 2 day suspension (out of school) for not reporting anti semetism against me fast enough and apprently spreading it. Im currently in year 10 and really would love to move school for 6 forms and im worried about how this will affect my application as it just says exclusion for racism currently on my record. Im currently a grade 6-9 student, just wondering if anyone knows if this will hinder my chances of getting into 6 forms and possibly uni, and what to do if im trying to move schools
Reply 7
Hi, im currently a year 10 almost year 11 student in london and i recently got a 2 day out of school suspension for not reporting anti semetism against me fast enough and " spreading it " however on my record it just says " 2 day exclusion for racism " - im extremely concerned about how this could hinder my chances of getting into 6 form, my parents are appealing it but the meeting isnt going to happen before i apply to schools. A bit further info, im a grade 7 - 9 student and have had no previous complications with the school and other students. If anyone has advice, or knows if this will affect me please let me know

Quick Reply

Latest