The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Adult nursing interviews

Hey I have got an interview for Worcester next week and have heard the the adult nursing interviews are really hard.
I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or hints about the interview?
Thank you!!
Original post by Tangled1987
Hey I have got an interview for Worcester next week and have heard the the adult nursing interviews are really hard.
I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or hints about the interview?
Thank you!!

Hi there.

Firstly congrats on securing an interview. I recommend that you understand the importance of good communication and team work skills as a nurse and the importance of confidentiality too. If you have any experiences which you can reflect on this would be great as it would not only make your answers more personal and unique to you but may also give you the opportunity to demonstrate skills such as patience and empathy which are highly important in your role.

Best wishes for your interview.
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Reply 2
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

Firstly congrats on securing an interview. I recommend that you understand the importance of good communication and team work skills as a nurse and the importance of confidentiality too. If you have any experiences which you can reflect on this would be great as it would not only make your answers more personal and unique to you but may also give you the opportunity to demonstrate skills such as patience and empathy which are highly important in your role.

Best wishes for your interview.

Thank you!
In some way I am lucky and work within the healthcare sector so I am hoping that this will help me in being able to answer questions with previous experience :smile:
Original post by Tangled1987
Thank you!
In some way I am lucky and work within the healthcare sector so I am hoping that this will help me in being able to answer questions with previous experience :smile:

That's really useful then :smile:

I would recommend reflecting on one or two scenarios where you felt you made a real difference or where you learnt something particularly useful.

Best wishes.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hiya,

Well done on getting offered an interview.

I recently had an interview for Adult Nursing at the University of Northampton and have been offered a place. My interview questions were all scenario based - from "How would you communicate with someone with dementia?" to "You start placement next week but have been told to re-submit an essay; what would you do?"

They were quite varied questions and I had to move around 5 different tablets and each person asked me 2 scenario questions - so it was different to what I expected; however I also had some prior knowledge of healthcare settings - like yourself; so I made sure to demonstrate my previous knowledge within my answers. It's worth researching the 6 C's of nursing and the NMC guidelines; as this helped me answer some questions.

Good luck!
Hey!! huge congratulations on getting an interview, i just wondered how it went for you and what to expect of the interview? did you hear back from the uni yet? :smile:
pussyhole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending