The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh Business School - Masters Applicants

Hey guys! Has anyone accepted an offer from Edinburgh Business School yet, specifically for a postgraduation course? I have got a few queries!
Reply 1
Hi. I received an offer for MSc Climate Change Finance and Investment as an international student. I was also expecting to see other future students on this website, but it seems like there are not many people who applied for the same course.
(edited 2 years ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Jane Go
Hi. I received an offer for MSc Climate Change Finance and Investment on Nov. 3rd as an international student. I was also expecting to see other future students on this website, but it seems like there are not many people who applied for the same course.

Hey! Congratulations on your offer! Where are you from? :smile: Even I'm finding it difficult to find people from my course.
Reply 3
Original post by KaeeKayy
Hey! Congratulations on your offer! Where are you from? :smile: Even I'm finding it difficult to find people from my course.

I’m from South Korea. Maybe the graduates don’t use this forum often.
Reply 4
Original post by Jane Go
I’m from South Korea. Maybe the graduates don’t use this forum often.

Yes! They probably don't! Are you firming Edinburgh?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Yes! They probably don't! Are you firming Edinburgh?

Yeah. I searched for many postgraduate programmes on the internet to find finance courses focusing on climate change. I know there are many good environmental economics programmes in the UK, but I wanted to concentrate on finance since I prefer helping business in a practical way. As far as I know, only Imperial and Edinburgh provide the Consulting Project and Carbon Accounting together through the programme. So I didn’t have many options. I also liked the green environment of Edinburgh. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Jane Go
Yeah. I searched for many postgraduate programmes on the internet to find finance courses focusing on climate change. I know there are many good environmental economics programmes in the UK, but I wanted to concentrate on finance since I prefer helping business in a practical way. As far as I know, only Imperial and Edinburgh provide the Consulting Project and Carbon Accounting together through the programme. So I didn’t have many options. I also liked the green environment of Edinburgh. :smile:

Love your thought process! Even I’ve paid the deposit for Edinburgh. It’s my top choice!
Reply 7
Hi! I've got an offer for MSc Business Analytics at Edinburgh for 2022! Congratulations to you on securing offers!
I haven't been able to get in touch with any prospective students for my course either! Would love to discuss the thought process in selecting the best accommodation, applying for scholarships etc!
Reply 8
Original post by knuggs
Hi! I've got an offer for MSc Business Analytics at Edinburgh for 2022! Congratulations to you on securing offers!
I haven't been able to get in touch with any prospective students for my course either! Would love to discuss the thought process in selecting the best accommodation, applying for scholarships etc!

Hey! Congratulations on your offer! Would love to connect! I’ve sent you a DM :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Jane Go
Hi. I received an offer for MSc Climate Change Finance and Investment as an international student. I was also expecting to see other future students on this website, but it seems like there are not many people who applied for the same course.

Hey!
Congratulations on your offer!!
Even I have applied for the same program but I haven't heard from them just yet. When did you apply though?
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!
Congratulations on your offer!!
Even I have applied for the same program, but I haven't heard from them just yet. When did you apply though?

Hi. I applied pretty early. I applied in early October and received an offer in early November. It took about 4 weeks. :smile: I wish you good luck and hope to see you in class.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Jane Go

I also received an offer from the Climate Change Finance and Investment program as an international student. I chose Edinburgh's program over others (including environmental economics programs) because of the chance for students to get professional experience through the Consulting Project and Company Sponsored Dissertation.

For those who will ask, I applied in mid-September and received my offer in early November.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by skeith931
I also received an offer from the Climate Change Finance and Investment program as an international student. I chose Edinburgh's program over others (including environmental economics programs) because of the chance for students to get professional experience through the Consulting Project and Company Sponsored Dissertation.

For those who will ask, I applied in mid-September and received my offer in early November.

Hi @skeith931 I'm looking into applying myself and wanted to reach out to see how you found the program? I'm looking into this and Imperial's Sustainable Technology program which is a little different. Similar to you, as an internationational student the consulting project and more hands on experience seemed more appealing, would love to hear how you found the curriculum!
Reply 13
Original post by Jane Go

Hi Jane! I'm about to submit my application for this and wanted to reach out to other students to see how they found it, would love to hear your thoughts as a fellow international student!
Reply 14

Hi KaeeKayy, I was browsing through this form (I suppose like you were a year ago) trying to connect with students in this course, I would love to hear your perspective of how the course was as an international student - I'm planning to apply/hopefully join it next year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending