The Student Room Group

Birmingham Dentistry 2023 Entry

Welcome to the Birmingham Dentistry 2023 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2023 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2023 Entry Applicants’ Thread - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Any1 know if applying to Birmingham is a good idea with a low Ucat score. I want to either apply to Bristol or Birmingham for my last choice but I'm not sure which is more likely to give me a better chance. With bristol I've already applied twice and been rejected pre interview twice. With Birmingham I've never applied.
Reply 2
Original post by shahid1239
Any1 know if applying to Birmingham is a good idea with a low Ucat score. I want to either apply to Bristol or Birmingham for my last choice but I'm not sure which is more likely to give me a better chance. With bristol I've already applied twice and been rejected pre interview twice. With Birmingham I've never applied.

I got rejected by them last year with 2610 so probably not
Original post by shahid1239

I might apply there I got 2400 shoikd i
Reply 4
Hi everybody just needed some advice on where to apply to. I have got the following:
GCSEs 8 9s and 2 8s
Predicted A levels 3 A*
UCAT 2780 B3
Also would i be likely to get an interview at Birmingham?
Reply 5
I need some advice for what 5th choice to apply for. My dental application is due by today as this is my school deadline. I was thinking of applying for one that lets me transfer to dentistry midway as in the interview I can say that my focus was for dentistry so I am doing all I could to do it. I live near Birmingham so would prefer unis near here. Is there any courses you suggest that I should pick. Tbh I would take a gap year over doing it if I didn’t get any offers but I am putting it down so I can go through for ucas extra if needed. What course would be a good one to pick as I have got a UCAT of 2780 b3 8 9s 2 8s and 3 predicted A*. I am applying for Birmingham Cardiff Liverpool and Plymouth so hopefully it doesn’t come to it.
Original post by Hyxc21
Hi everybody just needed some advice on where to apply to. I have got the following:
GCSEs 8 9s and 2 8s
Predicted A levels 3 A*
UCAT 2780 B3
Also would i be likely to get an interview at Birmingham?

I went to the Birmingham open day and you need mostly 8s and 9s at GCSE which you have. They said that over the past 3 yrs their ucat cutoff has been between 2500 and 2800 so I think you have a good chance - and they don't look at SJT!
Original post by A.B72
I got rejected by them last year with 2610 so probably not

I got 2390 and band 3 do think my choices of Cardiff, kings, Plymouth are good? and if so what should I pick for my 4th? I was thinking QUB or Liverpool
Reply 8
Original post by Melika_1383
I got 2390 and band 3 do think my choices of Cardiff, kings, Plymouth are good? and if so what should I pick for my 4th? I was thinking QUB or Liverpool

hmmm my best bet would be a gap year but if you really want to apply this year, your ucat is def too low for kings. plymouth might work and cardiff are very focused on your gcses so just make sure they're all or most 8s and 9s
where do you suggest i apply as my 4th? is QUB a good option?

Original post by A.B72
hmmm my best bet would be a gap year but if you really want to apply this year, your ucat is def too low for kings. plymouth might work and cardiff are very focused on your gcses so just make sure they're all or most 8s and 9s
Reply 10
i dont know if this is a stupid thing to be worried about but i applied in september and still havent got a confirmation from bham? ive got them from all of my other unis but not bham? am i worrying for no reason?
Original post by A.B72
i dont know if this is a stupid thing to be worried about but i applied in september and still havent got a confirmation from bham? ive got them from all of my other unis but not bham? am i worrying for no reason?

same
hi when can we expect interview offers? thanks
Reply 13
Original post by gshsghksjhajk
hi when can we expect interview offers? thanks

december
anyone got any interviews yet?
Original post by shreyapv
anyone got any interviews yet?

not yet
Just got a rejection from Birmingham :frown:
Original post by jpillai29292