The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Interview invitation for GAP medicine course at Glasgow University in 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by s.zss
Mine is on the 22nd, I am using websites as well. I asked someone who did the GAP programme last year and she said they only ask like 5 questions such as, why you want to be a doctor/work in NHS and about your weaknesses

Did you get Zoom link for interview yet? I am still waiting
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Did you get Zoom link for interview yet? I am still waiting

not yet. Do you think they will ask any problem solving/scientific questions?
Original post by s.zss
not yet. Do you think they will ask any problem solving/scientific questions?

I don’t think, this is just basic interview and not main medicine one, I know couple of previous gap students and they mentioned go over personal statement/ skills etc.
I don’t think, this is just basic interview and not main medicine one, I know couple of previous gap students and they mentioned go over personal statement/ skills etc.

Has anyone heard back from GAP yet
Has anyone heard back from GAP yet

Yes got an offer
Yes got an offer

Congratulations! I got one too I am so happy

You too! its a great feeling
Hi there may I ask what you got for your highers
And what the conditions are for your offer

Thanks

Congrats!

I just completed the Gap course this year and it was a great experience. If you have any Qs feel free to ask
Congrats!

I just completed the Gap course this year and it was a great experience. If you have any Qs feel free to ask

What did they ask in the interview and do you just transfer straight into first year of medicine at glasgow university?
Original post by obunga_01
What did they ask in the interview and do you just transfer straight into first year of medicine at glasgow university?

Hiya, I’ve completed the GAP course recently. Can’t remember the the questions in my interview but the answer to your second question is yes, as long as you get a B3 average in all 3 modules of the course, you automatically progress onto year 1 Medicine!
Original post by obunga_01

hi sorry for late reply. yeah if you pass GAP (get a B3 minimum) in all subjects (Bio, Science Fundamentals, and the medicine module) you go straight to year 1, you dont have to get another interview or do anything else.

For interview just standard stuff like why do u want to do med, problems NHS faces, Multidisciplinary team etc. just try to sound natural and smile and not be like a robot. good luck.
Original post by Anonymous #5
Congrats!

What’s the timetable like
Reply 33
Original post by Anonymous #2
Yes got an offer
how long how long after the interview did you get the offer? i heard you should get a reply by may but does anyone get it sooner than that?
Congrats!

how long how long after the interview did you get the offer? i heard you should get a reply by may but does anyone get it sooner than that?
do you need to be in secondary school to complete the GAP programme or can you apply after leaving school?
do you need to be in secondary school to complete the GAP programme or can you apply after leaving school?

you can apply after leaving school as long as you’re not already doing a university course.
there’s still time to apply right now so send them an email

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending