The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath uni

What is it like, is Bath a lively or quiet place as my daughter is pretty quiet and a homely person! Any info gratefully received
Original post by Kate.heat
What is it like, is Bath a lively or quiet place as my daughter is pretty quiet and a homely person! Any info gratefully received

It’s a really nice town. Amazing architecture. Amazing bars and restaurants. Good student life, however not as lively as neighbouring cities like Bristol. I’d say much quieter and it’s a campus based uni, so slightly isolated from the rest of the town.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
The campus has a village feeling - on site housing and sports/social facilities - and it isnt one of those massive Unis where people just disapear into the crowd. The town is beautiful and has cinemas/theatres/music/pubs/cafees but is not a mega 'party' city like Bristol.
Original post by Kate.heat

Hi Kate,

I am a final year business student at the University of Bath and would be happy to help answer your question!

Bath is a really inclusive and friendly city which I think has a great balance between people who prefer a busier/lively city and those who prefer a quieter one. There are a lot of restaurants, bars, cinemas and other activities to get involved with but equally there are lot of really pretty parks to go to, nice skyline walks to go on, and many famous historical sites such as The Bath Abbey and The Roman Baths to visit. There is something for everyone! On the weekends Bath can be quite lively/busy, but as students we have the luxury of a flexible mid week schedule so you can always go into the city on a weekday when it isn't so busy.

It would definitely be worth your daughter taking a look at the different societies the student union runs as joining a society is a great way to meet other likeminded people. So she'd be able to meet other people who also prefer quieter activities to lively ones.

I hope this helps and please feel free to ask anymore questions you may have.

Kayley
Final Year Business Student

Quick Reply

Latest