The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath - Eat & Drink Credits

Currently weighing up Bath and Warwick for MMaths although Warwick will require Step 2. Bath have already given me an unconditional offer.

Bath also has an advantage in that it offers an Eat & Drink option in the first year. How good is the food at UoB? I'm not a big sandwich eater, so would prefer a cooked option over cold offerings.

I'm doing a Campus Tour this weekend, so I will be looking to see what's available, but I would be interested to hear from anyone who has done it already. Thanks!
Are you looking at catered accommodation or getting food vouchers
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Anonymous
Currently weighing up Bath and Warwick for MMaths although Warwick will require Step 2. Bath have already given me an unconditional offer.

Bath also has an advantage in that it offers an Eat & Drink option in the first year. How good is the food at UoB? I'm not a big sandwich eater, so would prefer a cooked option over cold offerings.

I'm doing a Campus Tour this weekend, so I will be looking to see what's available, but I would be interested to hear from anyone who has done it already. Thanks!

Hello,

Congratulations on your offer from Bath!

I am a final year student at Bath and am happy to help answer your question. There are lots of different food options on campus so you definitely won't be stuck for choice. There is the main eatery called the 'Lime Tree' which serves pizza and different hot pasta dishes each day so you will be able to spend your food credit on this. There is also another canteen which offers dishes such as noodles, burritos, bangers and mash, and many more! The student union food is probably my favourite and you can get burgers, bagels and hot wraps here.

Even with the food and drink credit you'll still have the option to cook for yourself and you can buy food to cook from the small on campus supermarket. This means you have a lot of flexibility in terms of on campus meal choices.

I hope this helps and please feel free to ask anymore questions you may have. That's great you are going for a campus tour this weekend as they'll point out all the different places to eat on campus during this.

Best of luck,
Kayley
Final Year Business Student
Reply 3
Original post by Poisenivy
Are you looking at catered accommodation or getting food vouchers

I think they are one and the same; there are two or three accommodation locations where the eat and drink vouchers are part of the cost of the accommodation. Either £25 or £50 a week, fixed for the 38 weeks in the first year. So you get a rolling cumulative amount of food voucher, with 10% discount available on campus food. The amount is carried forward for your time at Bath Uni (so if you don't use up the vouchers in your first year, you can still use them in the second, etc.) and then the credit is lost when you finish the course. Doubt if anyone gets to that point).

If I have understood correctly.
Original post by Anonymous
I think they are one and the same; there are two or three accommodation locations where the eat and drink vouchers are part of the cost of the accommodation. Either £25 or £50 a week, fixed for the 38 weeks in the first year. So you get a rolling cumulative amount of food voucher, with 10% discount available on campus food. The amount is carried forward for your time at Bath Uni (so if you don't use up the vouchers in your first year, you can still use them in the second, etc.) and then the credit is lost when you finish the course. Doubt if anyone gets to that point).

If I have understood correctly.

Hi,

Just to confirm here, you are pretty much correct. Eat and drink credit is the only formed of catered accommodation at Bath.

Brendon Court and Polden Court offer £50 a week credit, whilst The Quads and Woodland Court (shared in block C) offer £25 a week credit. There is also a list of the eligible hospitality outlets through the below link:

https://www.bath.ac.uk/guides/using-your-eat-and-drink-credit/

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student
Do the accommodation sites with eat and drink credit also have kitchen facilities? Or do you have to choose between accommodation with eat and drink credit, and accommodation with cooking facilities?

Quick Reply

Latest