The Student Room Group

Urgent pharmacy clearing

I got grades BED after taking a gap year as well but I am extenuating circumstances is there anything I can do for pharmacy bothe unis rejected both my offers anything at all I've disappointed myself and my family twice now is they anything at all I can do.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rohan007best
I got grades BED after taking a gap year as well but I am extenuating circumstances is there anything I can do for pharmacy bothe unis rejected both my offers anything at all I've disappointed myself and my family twice now is they anything at all I can do.

You can always see which courses are available in clearing. You may need courses with a foundation year as they have lower entry requirements.
Have you looked into nursing or other career prospects?, pharmacy with foundation years may accept you if you meet the ucas point requirement

Hi @Rohan007best,

have you looked at the courses available at the University of Chester? I think there is a number of courses that would be of interest to you and your studies :smile:

Wishing you all the best,
Ellie
Original post by CatusStarbright
You can always see which courses are available in clearing. You may need courses with a foundation year as they have lower entry requirements.

Kingston do pharmacy w foundation yr.
Reply 5
Uclan Pharmacy with Foundation Year looked good.@UCLan Ambassador
(edited 8 months ago)

Hi there @Rohan007best,

Have you thought about studying here at UCLan? We have a range of courses still available through Clearing that might interest you.

Our Clearing lines are now open so give us a call and one of our friendly team will be happy to help.

📞 01772 830777

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer them! :smile:

All the best,
Sarah
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 7

Also look at apprenticeships and trainee schemes - not for qualification as a Pharmacist but still relevant work :
https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/study-and-training/nhs-apprenticeships
https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/pharmacy/roles-pharmacy/pharmacy-technician
https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
https://www.boots.jobs/search-jobs/?submit=1&business_area=Pharmacy

As advised above, Clearing is an option. Put together a list of uni's you wish to contact and have all your information to hand to get an idea of what offers are available.
Good luck!

Hey @Rohan007best, just wanted to check in and see how you were feeling? Have you made a decision on what you're going to do, did you find a course through Clearing?

I hope it all worked out for you and you're feeling happier, do let us all know on here if you like, we are all here to offer support and advice as well :smile:

Best of luck

Becky

Hi @Rohan007best,

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your results.

Have you got an alternative course in mind that you would like to study? It might be worth thinking about applying for other courses/to other universities through Clearing. Get a list of potential courses and universities together and seek out their Clearing Hotlines - they are there to help you :smile:.

Here is the Clearing Hotline for the University of Lincoln: 0808 164 4444

Best of luck,
Olivia :smile:
Thanks everyone for your help I got an offer from uclan for 5 years pharmacy degree with foundation year so happy wish I didn't have to do the foundation year but oh well it is what it is
Thanks everyone for your help I got an offer from uclan for 5 years pharmacy degree with foundation year so happy wish I didn't have to do the foundation year but oh well it is what it is

Hi there @Rohan007best, :smile:

Amazing to hear that you will be starting with us in September studying Pharmacy. We look forward to welcoming you! 🎉

A lot of great friendships are made during foundation years and it will give you a whole year to really get a feel for the course and allows you the time to think about the direction you want to go in moving forward.

Let me know if you have any questions about the course or life here at UCLan and I'd be more than happy to help!

All the best,
Sarah
Original post by youyearslater
Kingston do pharmacy w foundation yr.

Is anyone going kingston and doing pharmacy w foundation year ? I am

That's great news. The way to look at it is you're on the path you wanted even if it is going to take an extra year. Congrats :dancing2:
Reply 15

Good news and you are now on your chosen path.Well done too to @UCLan Ambassador who has been great today with relevant links.
Original post by Scotney
Good news and you are now on your chosen path.Well done too to @UCLan Ambassador who has been great today with relevant links.

see im a bit scared as they said if I pass that foundation year and do really good in it then I can apply for pharmacy and medicine etc after an interview so idk if its worth it or not
Reply 17
@PQ This lad could do with some advice please.
Reply 18
@Muttley79any thoughts or @MedMama would appreciate some input here.Thanks.
Reply 19
see im a bit scared as they said if I pass that foundation year and do really good in it then I can apply for pharmacy and medicine etc after an interview so idk if its worth it or not

Rohan hopefully one of these will reply.Do not worry we will find out what's best to do.I will check back later

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending