The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee 2022 Offers for Art School

Hi! I'm applying to art school, and hoping to get into DJCAD. I'm applying for Fine Art , I made this forum for people to discuss their offers/portfolios. Whilst also meeting people that are considering the course. I honestly keep checking DJCAD emails for interviews

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard yet?
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
I havent heard, however they normally do offers around now to April 18th. So its any moment basically. Good luck with your offer! What are ya applying for?
Original post by Linesdrawn
I havent heard, however they normally do offers around now to April 18th. So its any moment basically. Good luck with your offer! What are ya applying for?

product design wbu?
Reply 4
3 courses but fine Art or Art and Philosophy hopefully. Btw have you heard from interviews? Me and a bunch of my friends haven't heard anything from DJCAD.
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone heard yet?

I got rejected from the foundation course
I got rejected from first year today. I'm still waiting for animation but yknow, rejected for first year so..
Original post by Samuel101
I got rejected from first year today. I'm still waiting for animation but yknow, rejected for first year so..

yeah i’m waiting for fine art but the reason for rejection i got was that my portfolio didn’t meet the entry standard so i don’t think that’s happening
yeah i’m waiting for fine art but the reason for rejection i got was that my portfolio didn’t meet the entry standard so i don’t think that’s happening

same and so did my friend, I think its an automated response though. My college tutor said not to follow the logic that first year reject = second year rejection, but I'm feeling the same way as you
Original post by Samuel101
same and so did my friend, I think its an automated response though. My college tutor said not to follow the logic that first year reject = second year rejection, but I'm feeling the same way as you

i think i’ve just accepted it at this point- i got into grays in aberdeen so i’m at least good with that but i was so hoping for dundee. i hope it goes well for you and you do get into second year entry. hard to stay optimistic though
Reply 10
Sorry to hear that , at least you got a offer from somewhere else. Hopefully everyone still gets a good offer from another uni.
Reply 11

Hi, got the same message -
Your portfolio is not yet at our entry standard for this year. Please consider reapplying next year. Contact Learndirect or a careers adviser
for advice on portfolio preparatory courses.
Original post by pkmf
Hi, got the same message -
Your portfolio is not yet at our entry standard for this year. Please consider reapplying next year. Contact Learndirect or a careers adviser
for advice on portfolio preparatory courses.

yep, got exactly that lol
a bit sad because i did a part time college portfolio course this year as well as school
Reply 13
Original post by novaiebo579
I got an unconditional for animation 2 days ago so more offers should (hopefully) be coming out soon :]

Congratulations! ^-^ Seriously, I'm glad to hear that. :smile: Still waiting for mines 😅
Anyone heard yet?

I got rejected from the foundation course

I applied for both interior and product design, got rejected for interior but an unconditional with no interview for product, my guess is that i got those offers since I used the same portfolio for both and really tailored it towards product design.
Reply 15
Did anyone hear from Art and Philosophy?
I applied for both interior and product design, got rejected for interior but an unconditional with no interview for product, my guess is that i got those offers since I used the same portfolio for both and really tailored it towards product design.

Congrats! I got an offer for product design too but idk if I am going to take it as I have an unconditional for product design at gsa
Congrats! I got an offer for product design too but idk if I am going to take it as I have an unconditional for product design at gsa

same haha, Im really torn because obviously GSA is really prestigious but it doesnt sound like the students are very happy there, especially with the lack of union and their handling of the pandemic. DJCAD seems really cool aswell but theyre two completely different cities and unis so its hard to compare the two. The biggest thing for me with GSA is their aim to move product design away from the industrial side of things and to focus on services and experiences, which im not too interested in. Dundee's PD degree seems very normal and straightforward, also the building of DJCAD itself is pretty stunning.
same haha, Im really torn because obviously GSA is really prestigious but it doesnt sound like the students are very happy there, especially with the lack of union and their handling of the pandemic. DJCAD seems really cool aswell but theyre two completely different cities and unis so its hard to compare the two. The biggest thing for me with GSA is their aim to move product design away from the industrial side of things and to focus on services and experiences, which im not too interested in. Dundee's PD degree seems very normal and straightforward, also the building of DJCAD itself is pretty stunning.

Same, the student reviews with GSA aren't really good although they have some good collabs with different companies like Glasgow city council, I am really torn between the two aswell. I really like Dundees course but its a bit far from where I live and I was not planning to move out. I know there's a offer holder day in 7th April so hopefully I will have a better idea on which one I want to go to.
Same, the student reviews with GSA aren't really good although they have some good collabs with different companies like Glasgow city council, I am really torn between the two aswell. I really like Dundees course but its a bit far from where I live and I was not planning to move out. I know there's a offer holder day in 7th April so hopefully I will have a better idea on which one I want to go to.

yeah im going to that too, hopefully we'll actually be let into the buildings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending