The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE accommodations

I have received an offer from the LSE. How do I find out about accommodations like when should I book, how do I find info about good deals for accommodations etc. this is quite a daunting part of the process for me. Could anyone please guide me? Thank you.
Reply 1
Hi I have just booked LSE accommodation- well done on your offer! The first thing you need to do is firm LSE on UCAS (assuming it is your first choice). Once you have done that, you need to type in on the search bar ‘LSE accommodation halls’, you should be directed to the LSE website and click the link ‘book accommodation now’. Using your email, you need to create an account for LSE accommodation. Once you have done this, depending on how long it has been since you firmed LSE, it should say ‘sorry you need to accept your offer before you book with us’ or something similar. This means that you need to wait 48 hours after you have firmed LSE before you can book accommodation. After, you will be able to got though each accommodation and book one which is right for you. If you have an unconditional offer, you will need to pay the deposit now (which is £250 for a single room and £500 for a double room I believe), if not, you pay later. Good luck and I hope this has been useful?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by em_ca
Hi I have just booked LSE accommodation- well done on your offer! The first thing you need to do is firm LSE on UCAS (assuming it is your first choice). Once you have done that, you need to type in on the search bar ‘LSE accommodation halls’, you should be directed to the LSE website and click the link ‘book accommodation now’. Using your email, you need to create an account for LSE accommodation. Once you have done this, depending on how long it has been since you firmed LSE, it should say ‘sorry you need to accept your offer before you book with us’ or something similar. This means that you need to wait 48 hours after you have firmed LSE before you can book accommodation. After, you will be able to got though each accommodation and book one which is right for you. If you have an unconditional offer, you will need to pay the deposit now (which is £250 for a single room and £500 for a double room I believe), if not, you pay later. Good luck and I hope this has been useful?

This has been so useful thank you for your help!! I was completely lost but you clarified it systematically. Hope I see you in September 👋
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
This has been so useful thank you for your help!! I was completely lost but you clarified it systematically. Hope I see you in September 👋

No problem - I hope everything works out for you and see you in September! What course are you applying for?
Reply 4
Original post by em_ca
No problem - I hope everything works out for you and see you in September! What course are you applying for?

I’m applying for PPE! What about you?
Reply 5
Original post by em_ca

I’m doing PPE! What about you?
Reply 6
I’m doing PPE! What about you?

History and politics so similar ish! Good luck I hope we get to meet in September :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by em_ca
History and politics so similar ish! Good luck I hope we get to meet in September :smile:

Which hall did you get?
Reply 8
Which hall did you get?

Passfield, wbu?
Reply 9
Original post by em_ca
Passfield, wbu?

Bruh I still haven’t booked accom😭😭 do they run out fast
why is it that at bankside prices are different for the exact same shared room, one which is £6000 and one which is £6700? Both rooms are stated as having the same size so can't really work out why one would cost substantially less than the other
Reply 11
Bruh I still haven’t booked accom😭😭 do they run out fast

They do, but don’t worry I think there are plenty rooms left.
Reply 12
Original post by ReesPopovici2004
why is it that at bankside prices are different for the exact same shared room, one which is £6000 and one which is £6700? Both rooms are stated as having the same size so can't really work out why one would cost substantially less than the other

That’s what happened with me at Passfield, I just booked the cheaper one
Any advice from someone in the LSE concerning how far away is too far for accomodation. Of course, I don't want a 90 minute commute every day, but is 30-45 mins okay?
Original post by ReesPopovici2004

i think it has smth to do with the views, space and amt of natural light, it says smth like that on the website but not too sure really
Hi do the offers of accommodation change ? I went on the site and only 3 catered places came up. Is that all that’s left or might they put others up next week ?
Looking for anyone who is staying in International Hall!
Reply 17
Hello - I have garden halls LSE accom with ensuite, willing to swap with someone if they have bankside or rosebury.

PLease let me know asap by pm of message on here.
Reply 18
Original post by em_ca
Hello! I just wanted to ask if you knew around what date/month the accommodation came out for LSE? Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending