The Student Room Group

Postgrad in Italy

I'm currently working on a Masters application for Archaeology at the University of Sapienza in Rome (I did my undergrad in Scotland) and have some questions about some of the fields. Before I contact the uni I was wondering if anyone here has experience with applying to Italian universities and could help clarify some of the terms?

TIA!
Original post by nixchxy
I'm currently working on a Masters application for Archaeology at the University of Sapienza in Rome (I did my undergrad in Scotland) and have some questions about some of the fields. Before I contact the uni I was wondering if anyone here has experience with applying to Italian universities and could help clarify some of the terms?

TIA!

Hi, feel free to ask any question here and I should be able to help. I'm not studying archeology but I'm Italian and I have experience in applying for undergrad in Italy
Reply 2
Original post by XanaXoid
Hi, feel free to ask any question here and I should be able to help. I'm not studying archeology but I'm Italian and I have experience in applying for undergrad in Italy

Hi! Thanks so much!

So basically they want the High School GPA and scale / Bachelor GPA and scale, and I'm not quite sure how to calculate that? My high school didn't give us an average grade, or a final diploma for that matter. Would the GPA just be the average of all grades combined? And I'm super confused by the scale part, is that just the grading system? I went ahead and emailed them but haven't heard back yet, so any info you could give me would be highly appreciated :smile:
Original post by nixchxy
Hi! Thanks so much!

So basically they want the High School GPA and scale / Bachelor GPA and scale, and I'm not quite sure how to calculate that? My high school didn't give us an average grade, or a final diploma for that matter. Would the GPA just be the average of all grades combined? And I'm super confused by the scale part, is that just the grading system? I went ahead and emailed them but haven't heard back yet, so any info you could give me would be highly appreciated :smile:

So bachelor GPA would be something like 2.1 with average of 66. While for high-school you might want to use something like your final grade. If you can link the page I can read it and help you a bit more
Reply 4
So bachelor GPA would be something like 2.1 with average of 66. While for high-school you might want to use something like your final grade. If you can link the page I can read it and help you a bit more

So if the GPA is 2.1, the scale would be the 66%? That makes sense, thank you so much! And I don't think I can link the page as it's within the application portal, but I'll attach a screenshot :smile:

I'll have to see if I can calculate my final high school GPA somehow - I haven't heard back from Sapienza yet, but I assume they just want the average grade (and will focus on my undergrad results more anyway?)

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 10.19.19.png
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by nixchxy
So if the GPA is 2.1, the scale would be the 66%? That makes sense, thank you so much! And I don't think I can link the page as it's within the application portal, but I'll attach a screenshot :smile:

I'll have to see if I can calculate my final high school GPA somehow - I haven't heard back from Sapienza yet, but I assume they just want the average grade (and will focus on my undergrad results more anyway?)

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 10.19.19.png

For the uni I would put that the GPA is 2.1 with an average of 66% and the scale is 100%. Thanks to the erasmus programs they know that 100 is impossible to achieve but the maximum theoretical grade is still100.
For highschool they just want to know your grade (eg AAA) and the scale is the max possible grade ( eg A*A*A*). This is just an example. And yeah I think they will look more at the uni grades since are from an higher level institution than the high-school and they are also more recent.
Also if you want something sorted quickly by an italian uni the best way is to call them. They should have someone proficient english that can help
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
For the uni I would put that the GPA is 2.1 with an average of 66% and the scale is 100%. Thanks to the erasmus programs they know that 100 is impossible to achieve but the maximum theoretical grade is still100.
For highschool they just want to know your grade (eg AAA) and the scale is the max possible grade ( eg A*A*A*). This is just an example. And yeah I think they will look more at the uni grades since are from an higher level institution than the high-school and they are also more recent.
Also if you want something sorted quickly by an italian uni the best way is to call them. They should have someone proficient english that can help

Thank you so so much for all your help! I really appreciate it! I will give them a call - it's been over a week with no response so I reckon that is the easiest way to get my questions answered haha.
Original post by nixchxy
Thank you so so much for all your help! I really appreciate it! I will give them a call - it's been over a week with no response so I reckon that is the easiest way to get my questions answered haha.

Yeah italian unis are known for slow responses especially if you email them. Let me know if you need more help
Original post by nixchxy

TIA!

I remember looking into this course but the application process threw me off. I ended up applying to the archaeology Masters at Pavia instead. I hope you got into this one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending