The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
This thread is making me nervous!
Reply 21
Yeh but don't notts n sgul do 4 year courses too, going back to what annarchy said about how if the uni offers both courses then they prefer grads on 4 year only.

Another thing I'm confuzzled about: Uni of Wales College of Medicine - they're based at Cardiff and affiliated with cardiff uni for 5/6yr courses, but offer their 4 yr course at swansea uni. So would this count as applying to one place that offers two courses, or 2 diff institutions? (I probs worded this in the most awkward way, hungover lol =S)
Reply 22
omlette
Yeh but don't notts n sgul do 4 year courses too, going back to what annarchy said about how if the uni offers both courses then they prefer grads on 4 year only.

No - no preference, they do not accept grads on to their 5 year courses any more. Notts were first, 3 years ago with SGUL following suit 2 years ago...

Another thing I'm confuzzled about: Uni of Wales College of Medicine - they're based at Cardiff and affiliated with cardiff uni for 5/6yr courses, but offer their 4 yr course at swansea uni. So would this count as applying to one place that offers two courses, or 2 diff institutions? (I probs worded this in the most awkward way, hungover lol =S)

AFAIK they act more like two separate campuses (both courses of Uni Wales Col Med), although you apply specifically to Swansea. In clinical years Swansea students can end up in Cardiff and vice versa (only GEP years 1 and 2 are administered by the School of Medicine at Swainseye), so your question is somewhat academic, save for trying to find out who would be awarding your primary medical qualificaiton.

Latest

Trending

Trending