The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by robqttedcant
would putting scholarships as they increase competition between pupils be valid for q1?

Honestly, I would say it could be yeah.
Guys, im a bit worried, thinking back to paper 1 of sociology last week or so I realised I never put the paper refrence. I put all the other info and content but not the paper refrence. I dont think itll be that much of an issue as they are all combined together, lots of scripts for the paper and the examiner will know what paper they are marking and what the paper was aso should be able to put 2 and 2 together. If u guys think i need to anything immediatley let me know but think it will be fine as they never emphasized putting the refrence number on the paper so i dont think it can be vital
Reply 382
Original post by T045T3R
Guys, im a bit worried, thinking back to paper 1 of sociology last week or so I realised I never put the paper refrence. I put all the other info and content but not the paper refrence. I dont think itll be that much of an issue as they are all combined together, lots of scripts for the paper and the examiner will know what paper they are marking and what the paper was aso should be able to put 2 and 2 together. If u guys think i need to anything immediatley let me know but think it will be fine as they never emphasized putting the refrence number on the paper so i dont think it can be vital

yeahhh im sure it will be fine, i was stressing because i didn't put my name in capital letters lmao but turns out it doesn't really matter. i dont think not adding the reference a big deal surely they will know when they read the questions
Original post by gogloglab
hi can anyone tell me the exact questions or a rough idea of them on the education paper, my 80 mark mocks is based on the exam

Sorry but we had to do the exams as well not knowing what the lower tariff questions were. If you’re in year 12 next year you’ll probably have to do the same and without advanced info . There is no point in asking since it’ll just make the exams appear more difficult in the real one xx
Original post by Astudy
Sorry but we had to do the exams as well not knowing what the lower tariff questions were. If you’re in year 12 next year you’ll probably have to do the same and without advanced info . There is no point in asking since it’ll just make the exams appear more difficult in the real one xx

im not quite sure you understand me. My mocks are based on this years paper, if you can't be of help dont bother replying xx
Original post by gogloglab

no just do some revision and do the paper in a proper way it’s more effective than cheating
Please don't ask for locked papers, it doesn't help you in the long run unless you received a grade in 2020 or 2021 :smile:.

Edit: if you see any posts asking for the details to a locked paper then simply report the post, no point in engaging with said user who wants details to the paper.
(edited 1 year ago)
anyone know when the examiner report comes out??
Original post by maddievvv
anyone know when the examiner report comes out??

It wont be a for a while yet, it changes year on year normally.

What grade did you get in the end?
Guys, does anyone know how to revise for Alevel sociology? Im doing ocr examboard, and I have my end of year mocks in september. Any tips on memorisation?
Original post by nia333
Guys, does anyone know how to revise for Alevel sociology? Im doing ocr examboard, and I have my end of year mocks in september. Any tips on memorisation?

I’d say flash cards definitely and even blurting using mind maps like on a whiteboard, map out the key concepts and sociologists you have to know, you don’t need to remember them all only a couple important ones and just remember what they did. I actually preferred getting whiteboard paper so I could just stick bits of revision around my room which really helped closer to exam time. Also just practiseee alottt of past questions and plan your essays out, this’ll help in case you get a similar question in the exam. Hope that was helpful lol!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 391
Original post by nia333

Hey! I got an A* this year in sociology and my primary revision method was practice questions + mind maps!!

I would do a mind map for each topic with each belief. Eg. Mind map on marxist beliefs on education, then a different one for functionalist, etc! To separate it all in my head. For the 2/4 markers just do as many practice q's as you can, you'll quickly retain the information and it can come in useful for 20 markers, etc too!

Also, I think reading your notes out loud is always good! For a lot of topics I would just go over my notes reading it aloud as I would go and I found the information sticking in my head. Memorise beliefs such as marxists, etc THEN specific sociologists, people tend to do it the other way around from my experience. If you know what Marxists as a whole believe, it's easier to remember which sociologists are marxists. (same goes for feminists, functionalists, etc..)

Good luck!
Original post by nia333

I got an A* with 222 marks out of 240 and i was always predicted an A*
and i gotta say, do what works best for YOU.
i never used flash cards or read my class notes because they just didn't work for me
i only read from the textbook and i wouldn't even say i had a fixed revision method so this might not be helpful.
i would say what worked for me was that i was also revising outside of school. Also, try to understand the concepts and not just make it a memory thing that goes away.

that was how i revised (not much of a revision method), and it may not work for you but do try and filter what works best for you.

Also, in preparation for the exams, i did loads of 4,6, and 10 mark questions, there was a pack of them that my teachers sent to us.
goodluck on your mocks!:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 393
Can anyone please tell 2022 AQA A Level Sociology paper 1 full questions with answers (if possible) - I have my mocks coming up soon!

Latest

Trending

Trending