The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superstar3333
if the 20 marker for theory and methods is theories doesn't that mean the two ten markers will be methods since its been like that all the time ie two method question one theory

do you do aqa?. The 20 marker is always methods in context. (standardised by aqa). The only possiblity of a thoeries question showing up is in the 10 markers. That's how the theories and methods section works.
Original post by orion reid
do you do aqa?. The 20 marker is always methods in context. (standardised by aqa). The only possiblity of a thoeries question showing up is in the 10 markers. That's how the theories and methods section works.

yes i do aqa. actually a 20 mark question showed up on theories in the theory and methods section. it was 2019 paper 3. theory and methods has 40 marks worth and mic has 20
(edited 1 year ago)
does anyone know what the theory and methods 2 10 markers and 1 20 marker question were for 2021
Reply 43
if the 20 marker for theory and methods is theories doesn't that mean the two ten markers will be methods since its been like that all the time ie two method question one theory

it could be any though
2021 papers both 10 markers where theory and the 20 marker was methods i think
Reply 44
does anyone know what the theory and methods 2 10 markers and 1 20 marker question were for 2021

yeh
paper 1 10 marker was
2 arguments against the positivist view that sociology can be scientific
paper 3 10 marker was
2 sociological perspectives on the purpose of social policy in society
20 marker on paper 3 was
evaluate if theoretical factors were most important influence on choice of method

hope that helps
Original post by khushi.xo
yeah i do... we did them as mocks...

it was on globalisation, anti school subcultures and ethnicty for the low markers. the 30 marker was actually on policies

I could send you all 3 papers if you want them
t

Original post by KA139
yeh
paper 1 10 marker was
paper 3 10 marker was
20 marker on paper 3 was
evaluate if theoretical factors were most important influence on choice of method

hope that helps

thanku !!
Original post by ejoejejoe
I could send you all 3 papers if you want them

yes that would be nice im trying to do as much practise questions as possible before the real thing
Reply 49
Original post by KA139
yeh
paper 1 10 marker was
paper 3 10 marker was
20 marker on paper 3 was

hope that helps

do you know what the 20 marker for methods in context on paper 1 was??
yes i do aqa. actually a 20 mark question showed up on theories in the theory and methods section. it was 2019 paper 3. theory and methods has 40 marks worth and mic has 20

yeah that's paper 3 not paper 1. The 20 marker in paper 3 is theories. Oh you were initially talking about paper 3, Sorry, i thought you were talking about paper 1 so i was like "there's no 20 marker on theories on paper 1"
SORRY AGAIN!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello, does anyone have any revision notes on the globalisation of educational policy. The AS textbook for aqa sociology does not include it. Please help, thanks!
I can give you a few examples
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-50563833

Here is a BBC news article about the PISA league tables. They have been introduced and are very influential, they essentially compare the success of each international education system. Many changes have taken place in the UK in order to try and raise our standing. So global league tables are an example.

Similarly, there are a few international education initiatives you can give examples of.

The Salamanca Statement (1994) set out the view that all countries should aim to use inclusive education where possible. This is setting out the rights of children with disabilities on a global scale.

You should be fine with just those two examples, I can't imagine they would ask you much about it though. Feel free to shout at me if they do!
I think my sixth form used the same textbook that didn't include this but we were given a helpsheet on it and I created this 10 marker when i was doing my A levels which may help a bit (the question was asking to outline 2 effects of globalisation on education):

One effect is that globalisation leads to increased competition for jobs. This is because economic activity now takes place on a global scale in a 24 hour system, leading to the growth of transnational companies and an electronic economy. This means that schools have to change the curriculum to meet new needs, such as computer science. For example, there is an increase in global ICT companies such as Apple and Google creating online resources and curriculums. The increase in competition for jobs also causes increased competition between schools and universities for students, with global rankings being used to compare and contrast systems and raise standards.

Another effect is an increase in multiculturalism in schools and a decline of the ethnocentric curriculum. This is because we now live in a global culture created by mass media and the internet thhat has led to westernisation of the world, and because of the increase of migration for economic and personal reasons . Furthermore, political changes mean that globalisation to undermine the power of the nation state, meaning that we now live in a borderless world. This overall causes the education system to encourage a global cultural perspective, rather than focussing on assimilation to mainstream culture.
Can this be a 30 marker? We were told it could only be a 10 marker.
do you remember what exactly on policies.and what about the theory and methods selection
Original post by STUDENT1308!
Can this be a 30 marker? We were told it could only be a 10 marker.

globalisation could definitely be a 30 marker focusing on educational policy.
this is a good example question:
"evaluate the impact of globalisation on educational policy in the UK." for 30 marks
i think its useful to have a plan for this type of question, just try to remember 3 or 4 points you could make if it were in an exam.
Original post by xxmorgan04
globalisation could definitely be a 30 marker focusing on educational policy.
this is a good example question:
"evaluate the impact of globalisation on educational policy in the UK." for 30 marks
i think its useful to have a plan for this type of question, just try to remember 3 or 4 points you could make if it were in an exam.

We were only taught about the education systems in Finland and China. Can I ask what points you would put in a 30marker?
Original post by STUDENT1308!
We were only taught about the education systems in Finland and China. Can I ask what points you would put in a 30marker?

1: international comparisons + league tables
2: global economy + skills for work
3: migration + more inclusive curriculum
hope this helps! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending