The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by STUDENT1308!
Can this be a 30 marker? We were told it could only be a 10 marker.

I actually don't think it would be a 30 marker in itself as other commentators have suggested.
Original post by nedflanders123
I actually don't think it would be a 30 marker in itself as other commentators have suggested.

I’m sitting this same paper. I’ve been told it could be on globalisation however, it would be extremely mean. In my textbook there’s only one tiny subheading on globalisation and privatisation that covers less than half a textbook page. If this comes up I think everyone would be screwed. However, I’m going to prepare for it worst case scenario. It can’t do any harm.
what is everyone prediction for all the questions about what could come up ?
Does anyone have a model 30 marker answer for globalisation ? Or can explain how migration affects educational policy as im strugging to write a full paragragh on it .
i would sacrifice a limb to know what the 30 marker education question is its the main thing stressing me out
Original post by yasmineparkinson
Does anyone have a model 30 marker answer for globalisation ? Or can explain how migration affects educational policy as im strugging to write a full paragragh on it .

for a paragraph about migration you could say how the uk is more diverse and so education has to change to reflect that. they do this by changing the curriculum, so schools teach more about other cultures and religions. but you could also talk about how education teaches more about british values to reinforce social solidarity.
hope this helps :smile:
Reply 66
anyone have predictions for both 10 markers?
Original post by maddievvv
i would sacrifice a limb to know what the 30 marker education question is its the main thing stressing me out

My teachers keep telling me its gonna be on marketisation and policies, but thats only a prediction, it could also be on either privatisation or globalisation.
Original post by KA139
anyone have predictions for both 10 markers?

Not sure but could be on internal and external factors or on aims of achievements, just make sure you know at least the basics of everything.
i feel like it could be on gender theres never been a 10 mark for gender

Original post by Maridesu
Not sure but could be on internal and external factors or on aims of achievements, just make sure you know at least the basics of everything.
Reply 70
(Original post by khushi.xo)yeah i do... we did them as mocks...

it was on globalisation, anti school subcultures and ethnicty for the low markers. the 30 marker was actually on policies

do u know what the mic question was
Original post by Mi964
(Original post by khushi.xo)yeah i do... we did them as mocks...

it was on globalisation, anti school subcultures and ethnicty for the low markers. the 30 marker was actually on policies

do u know what the mic question was

what specifically what the 30 marker and what was ethnicity, was it the 10 marker?
anyone know if there is a possibility if the 30 marker could be asked on privatisation ALONE? or would it be asked alongside marketisation? :wink:

for AQA sociology 2022 educational policy question
(edited 1 year ago)
i have a question, the advanced topic list said consensus, conflict, structural and social action theories for theory and method. is that just for paper 3 or for paper 1 too? im so confused right now
Original post by icarusfallz
i have a question, the advanced topic list said consensus, conflict, structural and social action theories for theory and method. is that just for paper 3 or for paper 1 too? im so confused right now

that bit of the advanced info is specific to the 20 marker in paper 3, but theory and mthods is in paper 1 in the final question which coudl be a methods or theory question so its worth looking over before monday
but globalisation content is so little, I don't understand how much you could write on it
Original post by khushi.xo
I mean there is a 30 mark question on one of the sociology pages which is just on globalisation but from the AI i think the 30 marker is going to be more focused on social groups with a little bit og globalisation... what do u think the low marker may be on?
Reply 76
globalisation is tiny in the textbook, I have a feeling it will be extremely broad, focusing on marketisation/privatisation in relation to social groups and you can add a bit about globalisation
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 77
Original post by icarusfallz

that is just for paper 3 and my teacher predicts it will be a social vs action question. For paper 1, at the end you'll have a 10 marker which could be a theory (e.g., two criticisms of Marxism) or a method (e.g., two practical advantages of using documents). And then the 20 marker will be theory and methods (e.g., the advantages/ disadvantages of using interviews to investigate the link between social class and streaming)
Original post by Eryss
that is just for paper 3 and my teacher predicts it will be a social vs action question. For paper 1, at the end you'll have a 10 marker which could be a theory (e.g., two criticisms of Marxism) or a method (e.g., two practical advantages of using documents). And then the 20 marker will be theory and methods (e.g., the advantages/ disadvantages of using interviews to investigate the link between social class and streaming)

marxism wont come up paper 1 as it will be in paper 3 as its a conflict theory
I really need help with
privatisation essay
and policy with
gender& ethnicity(what do is say for 30 marks)

Latest

Trending

Trending