The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by icarusfallz
i have a question, the advanced topic list said consensus, conflict, structural and social action theories for theory and method. is that just for paper 3 or for paper 1 too? im so confused right now

paper 3
the advanced notice is only for 20/30 markers
Reply 81
Original post by shotzplyz
marxism wont come up paper 1 as it will be in paper 3 as its a conflict theory

It is quite unlikely marxism will come up in paper 3 as it came up in june 2019. There is also feminism, consensus, structural and action theories on the advanced info, literally any one of those could come up in paper 3. It is still possible for marxism to come up as a 10 marker in paper 1 as there will a 10 marker at the end that could either be theory or methods. They haven't provided info for theory/method and method in context for paper 1 so it's hard to tell but i suggest looking at the past questions that have recently come up.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Eryss
It is quite unlikely marxism will come up in paper 3 as it came up in june 2019. There is also feminism, consensus, structural and action theories on the advanced info, literally any one of those could come up in paper 3. It is still possible for marxism to come up as a 10 marker in paper 1 as there will a 10 marker at the end that could either be theory or methods. They haven't provided info for theory/method and method in context for paper 1 so it's hard to tell but i suggest looking at the past questions that have recently come up.

theory will probs come up for paper 1 their hasnt been any in ages
My class was never taught theory and methods so I've got no idea what I'm doing for the 10 marker on paper 1. Any tips?
Original post by Sreading
My class was never taught theory and methods so I've got no idea what I'm doing for the 10 marker on paper 1. Any tips?

yh just learn positivists and interpretivists
Reply 85

2021 both paper 1 and 3 had theory 10 markers
Original post by KA139

no it didnt the question for paper 1 was " Outline positivist view that sociology can be
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by KA139

why u lying lmao
which theories?
Original post by jellycat2004
anyone know if there is a possibility if the 30 marker could be asked on privatisation ALONE? or would it be asked alongside marketisation? :wink:

for AQA sociology 2022 educational policy question

my teahcer said they can do that its possible
no it didnt the question for paper 1 was " Outline and explain two arguments against the positivist view that sociology can be
scientific"

Which is a Theories question. Paper 3 10marker was on policies which is also a theories question
wait would you be able to link equailty policies like GIST and WISE or EMAs as a marketisation policy?
Original post by Nadirah_2003
Which is a Theories question. Paper 3 10marker was on policies which is also a theories question

no its a debate question. theories are marxism, funct, feminism, modernists etc

also its theory and method. not theory alone
You can use them as criticisms if the question asks about educational policies in general but GIST/WISE and EMAs are not marketisation policies and you can't link them as one.

Original post by vfsvfscvfswc
wait would you be able to link equailty policies like GIST and WISE or EMAs as a marketisation policy?
Reply 95
no it didnt the question for paper 1 was " Outline and explain two arguments against the positivist view that sociology can be
scientific"

i meant as in from theory and methods it was a theory question - wasnt saying it was a directly a theory questions
Reply 96
Original post by Nadirah_2003

thank you
thats what i meant and they all started overthinking it for no reason :redface:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 97

means as in from theory and method it was a theory question - not directly a theory like funct/marx/fem questions
there is either that or methods - interviews/questionnaires
Reply 98
scientific"

there could be one theory question perhaps
the 20 marker on paper 3 is literally theories - conflict/consens/structural/action
guys i'm so stressed about this i haven't been taught **** for paper 1. i only found out the other day that it's more than methods in context and is actually covers all of theory and methods which i hadn't learned. absolutely ******** myself and basically teaching myself the whole paper this weekend. i'm so ****ed. anyone else?

Latest

Trending

Trending