The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Withdrawing offer on results day?

Got an offer from Bath and I'm gonna decide if I'm going to go on results day. If I exactly meet the offer I will go but if I supercede it I'd rather take a gap year.
Do I have to go if I meet my offer?
No, you don’t have to go.

(But also remember you can always do adjustment if you supersede your offer)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by palaeolivic
No, you don’t have to go.

(But also remember you can always do adjustment if you supersede your offer)

There is no adjustment any more.

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/student-advice/final-choice/what-is-ucas-adjustment
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by hqppys
Got an offer from Bath and I'm gonna decide if I'm going to go on results day. If I exactly meet the offer I will go but if I supercede it I'd rather take a gap year.
Do I have to go if I meet my offer?

You dont have to go. You can decline up until you enrol but you micht get caught for any accommodation fees. Theere is no adjustment and you would need to use clearing if you decided to go elsewhere on results day. I note you are thinking of reapplying elsewhere. There are very few places that would be an improvement on Bath. It is one of the best universities in the UK. There is no guarantee hat you would get into the likes of Imperial or Oxbridge as they are heavily oversubscribed.
As above - Bath requires top grades and you have no guarantee of getting in anywhere else next year with achieved grades.
Are you just doing this as a vanity trick - I want to see if I'm so wonderful that all these other Unis will be falling over themselves with offers etc.
Just remember that all top Unis are exceptionally picky and even with A* grades you have no guarantee of an offer - including any repeat offer from Bath. You could reapply next year - and get nothing.

You have an offer from Bath.
Consider yourself very lucky.

I had forgotten this! 😂 i had even told someone else it wasn’t a thing, an hour prior - doh!!
Reply 6
Can I start first undergrad year and reapply to Oxbridge? Or I have to take a gap year?
Just my opinion, but if you like the course at Bath, and Bath itself, don't give up a place there for the sake of trying to get into a more "prestigious" university. Bath is very well-regarded. You can always apply for a Master's at Oxbridge if you still want to go there in the future. Getting into Oxbridge is a bit of a weird game and I wouldn't decline an offer from Bath in order to take the chance.

Quick Reply

Latest