The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dont get worried guys, being pooled means your original college really wants you to get an offer, and many will really try to get their pooled applicants into another college!
Reply 2
Name: Sonja
Colleges (original and Pooled-to): Original - St Catz. Was re-interviewed at Trinity Hall.
Subject: Engineering
Result: Trinity Hall liked me, but didn't have enough room, so I eventually got an offer from Jesus!!
Reaction: Yay!! I am so happy! :biggrin:

Trinity hall originally told me they were making decisions the same day as the interviews so I would get rung up that evening with the result. But then I didn't hear anything for several days and got really worried, but then Jesus phoned me 5 days later. What I'm trying to say is that in my case, the fact that I had to wait a long time was a good thing (it was because T-hall were spending time trying to find me a place), so don't give up hope if you haven't heard yet - hopefully that's a good sign! :smile:

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

-S
Reply 3
Name:WILLAY!
Colleges (original and Pooled-to):redface:riginal - kings, re-interviewed at girton
Subject:Mathematics
Result:Offer, not sure what it is yet though, have to wait for letter.
Reaction:wahey! well pleased.
Reply 4
hey, well done guys! looks like it was worth the wait (and suffering) in the end!
Reply 5
wow pooled to jesus! go you!

congrats willay, girton has a better record for maths than kings anyway :smile: bad news is now your offer will include STEP no doubt :tongue:
Reply 6
sonja
Name: Sonja
Colleges (original and Pooled-to): Original - St Catz. Was re-interviewed at Trinity Hall.
Subject: Engineering
Result: Trinity Hall liked me, but didn't have enough room, so I eventually got an offer from Jesus!!
Reaction: Yay!! I am so happy! :biggrin:

Trinity hall originally told me they were making decisions the same day as the interviews so I would get rung up that evening with the result. But then I didn't hear anything for several days and got really worried, but then Jesus phoned me 5 days later. What I'm trying to say is that in my case, the fact that I had to wait a long time was a good thing (it was because T-hall were spending time trying to find me a place), so don't give up hope if you haven't heard yet - hopefully that's a good sign! :smile:

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

-S

Well done on the jesus offer, imo you are actually going to a better college than your first choice! Obviously you must have chosen st catz for a reason, but I'm optimistic you'll love jesus, it's a really great college....so very underrated!

Atm I seem to be on a lone crusade to increase Jesus's popularity.....obviously if they bump us in the lents I will no longer like jesus!
Colleges (original and Pooled-to): emma, churchill
Subject: law
Result: rejected by churchill :rolleyes:
Reaction: was quite optimistic till actual interview when they told me that they picked out 18 people from the pool for 1 place :eek:
felt it was a fair decision in the end-being pooled and then picked out must have meant that all 18 of us would have had similarly strong applications on paper, so it must have all rested on the interview and written test.
the interview was ok, but cud have gone a lot better and i dont doubt that someone else would have performed better.
the test was basically a written form of the interview- exactly the same sort of questions. felt this went a lot better as it wasnt the same pressurised situation where i had to come up with some argument really quickly on the spot that i hadnt really had the time to think through thouroughly, which meant they were able to quickly pick holes in it.
i expect that the final "no" letter from emmanuel will come through soon. ah well, im not at all bitter and don't feel hard done by at all: at the end of the day, i just wasn't good enough :redface:
Reply 8
Agghhh don't remind me. >_<

I'll post mine within a week or so.
Reply 9
Willa
Atm I seem to be on a lone crusade to increase Jesus's popularity.....obviously if they bump us in the lents I will no longer like jesus!

To (very painfully) extend the usual puns, Jesus are first on the list for crucifixion by our mighty W1 in their bumps campaign. So we mostly don't like them that much, but it's a nice college.
Reply 10
Willa
Well done on the jesus offer, imo you are actually going to a better college than your first choice! Obviously you must have chosen st catz for a reason, but I'm optimistic you'll love jesus, it's a really great college....so very underrated!

Yeah, I've been looking up about Jesus on the website and stuff and it looks really great! Yay! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Jesus is amazing, i went up today to see some friends at cambridge and its right by the river with huge grounds and is very beautiful but is just off the tourist track so you get the best of both worlds. everyone had wonderful things to say about it and it has an amazing library so is very set up. also in 1997 it was one of the five richest colleges at cam and unlike some places sports facilities and boathouse are close by
Reply 12
and they have 'the party room'.... with the best quiz machine I've seen in any college, and not very many parties it seems!? also, in one of their accomodation blocks, the showers have glass walls which face into a court, so when it's dark, and people are showering you can see their silouettes. which is obviously hilar.
that's really cool actually.

Unless you get many chronically obese/hairy people at jesus... then not so much
Reply 14
WhatFreshHell?
that's really cool actually.

Unless you get many chronically obese/hairy people at jesus... then not so much

suppose it depends on what turns you on
Reply 15
I'll also go to Jesus in October (hopefully) - the college is awesome! Haven't seen those showers though..... :wink:
:hello:

sonja
Yeah, I've been looking up about Jesus on the website and stuff and it looks really great! Yay! :biggrin:
Reply 16
fishpaste
wow pooled to jesus! go you!

congrats willay, girton has a better record for maths than kings anyway :smile: bad news is now your offer will include STEP no doubt :tongue:

Everything anywhere seems to be better than King's:frown:

Congratulations people:smile:
Reply 17
visesh

the chapel at kings isnt all that bad you know :biggrin: i had a brief look around kings today, it is really beautiful but even in the freezing cold had a fair few tourists - compared to trinity and jesus which didnt have one
Wish I lived near Cambridge so I could go visit it (to motivate me!). I'm such a moron, when I was at my interview I forgot to visit the SPS building... AND aparently it's beside my college (Corpus)...
visesh

King's is lovely :smile: Their Hall is AMAZING - I went there to sing carols in December and I was bowled over!

It is a bit extreme-left, but you can't have everything :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending