The Student Room Group

Lse vs degree apprenticeship

Hi - I’m stuck on where to go for uni. I received an offer for accounting and finance at Lse and considering this is a highly prestigious uni, it will open many doors for future employment. However, I also have been accepted on the Queen Mary Flying start programme with PwC which will guarantee me a post graduate job with PwC (considering I achieve a 2:1 in my degree) after I finish my 3 ACA exams. I will also only have to complete 3 ACA exams (out of 15) to qualify as a chartered accountant once I’ve graduated , and I will then be working with PwC - one of the best accounting firms in the world. This degree apprenticeship program also comes with other benefits such as guaranteed paid work experience, which won’t meant I’ll have to apply to internships during the summer. I won’t also have to apply to graduate schemes after university (which can be very stressful as students usually apply to around 100 and only ever get a few offers. At Lse you will be exempt from 7-8/15 ACA exams in comparison to this programme’s 12. However, Lse has one the most acclaimed finance department in the world so it would seem strange to reject it. Where should I go?
Reply 1
Interesting choices to choose from because if you go with PWC you’ll finish with tons of experience, plus a degree and a guarantee post graduate job so you wouldn’t have to struggle with the other uni students frantically looking for jobs after university. But on the other hand LSE is one of the best schools in the country. I say go with your gut
Reply 2
This exact decision has come up in previous years - I'm wondering if you could find the threads and then DM the people who started them to see what they decided and how they feel about it now?
Hey, i am in the same situation and i was wondering what did you end up choosing ?

Original post by Leenaalevels2022
Hi - I’m stuck on where to go for uni. I received an offer for accounting and finance at Lse and considering this is a highly prestigious uni, it will open many doors for future employment. However, I also have been accepted on the Queen Mary Flying start programme with PwC which will guarantee me a post graduate job with PwC (considering I achieve a 2:1 in my degree) after I finish my 3 ACA exams. I will also only have to complete 3 ACA exams (out of 15) to qualify as a chartered accountant once I’ve graduated , and I will then be working with PwC - one of the best accounting firms in the world. This degree apprenticeship program also comes with other benefits such as guaranteed paid work experience, which won’t meant I’ll have to apply to internships during the summer. I won’t also have to apply to graduate schemes after university (which can be very stressful as students usually apply to around 100 and only ever get a few offers. At Lse you will be exempt from 7-8/15 ACA exams in comparison to this programme’s 12. However, Lse has one the most acclaimed finance department in the world so it would seem strange to reject it. Where should I go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending