The Student Room Group

I want to become an accountant but I’m not sure if my a levels are suitable.

I’m currently studying maths, English and psychology for my A levels. Could I get a degree in accounting with these a levels??
Reply 1
From my knowledge only the top top uni’s require maths such as Warwick and potentially LSE, otherwise you could still apply to reputable uni’s such as Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Loughborough - all of which don’t require Maths A-level…
Original post by average-oratorio
I’m currently studying maths, English and psychology for my A levels. Could I get a degree in accounting with these a levels??

Yes, as above many don't have any subject requirements and the few that do just require A-level Maths. You could apply to any uni in the UK for accounting as a degree.

If working in accountancy is your goal and you would otherwise be aiming to do an accounting degree, I would strongly recommend looking at degree apprenticeship options too! Those are even more valuable long term in that career as you'll get the accounting qualification as well as a huge amount of relevant work experience. Plus it's very likely your company is going to be keen to hire you outright at the end and you'll have a lot of internal knowledge of the practices of that business which will help you be a very strong candidate applying to roles within the company when your apprenticeship finishes.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest