The Student Room Group

BTEC Information Technology UNIT 2 Database MAY 2022 Unofficial Markscheme

Wtf was that exam lol

Scroll to see replies

i actually didnt find it so bad, how many tables did u do, i did 4
Original post by Samii.A
i actually didnt find it so bad, how many tables did u do, i did 4

I did 4 tables.

Staff Ref and Position ID combined as my primary key with Position Start Date and Position End date under that table. But it took me about an hour to get it but I still managed to do the queries.
I probably did better than the last exam (because I did not do anything on Part A and little on Part B) but what the...

I've tried my best, so even a pass will do. It's like that composite key business all over again though, why do they make exam material so confusing to what we learn in class? Can't really apply the knowledge if we haven't been taught it.
are any of you guys still active and can you help idk what to put for activity 1 and also for the queries but as we can access part a tomorrow i can change it PLEASE HELP I NEED TO PASS OR IM OUT❤️
Original post by ManInTheMiddle
I did 4 tables.

Staff Ref and Position ID combined as my primary key with Position Start Date and Position End date under that table. But it took me about an hour to get it but I still managed to do the queries.

ahhh i forgot to combine the two damn it
Original post by Samii.A
ahhh i forgot to combine the two damn it

what were the tables you used im very confused and need to atleast pass
Original post by shalnark
are any of you guys still active and can you help idk what to put for activity 1 and also for the queries but as we can access part a tomorrow i can change it PLEASE HELP I NEED TO PASS OR IM OUT❤️

BTEC GCSE equivalence or what? If so, I can help you with that.
Original post by Jessalynne
BTEC GCSE equivalence or what? If so, I can help you with that.

im doing the btec level 3 unit 2 exam like you guys but im struggling with activity 1 and 3 and 4 please help! i can access part a again tomorrow thats why i need all the info
(edited 1 year ago)
In a panic, I only did 3 tables cause I didn’t know how to separate the duplicated record and i was prioritising my anxiety in comparison to marks and I would like to know how you all linked them and what you called your 4th tables :smile:
im doing the btec level 3 unit 2 exam like you guys but im struggling with activity 1 and 3 and 4 please help! i can access part a again tomorrow thats why i need all the info

Oh, dear. As much as I would have loved to help, I, unfortunately, cannot help you seeing as I've only completed levels 1 and 2 and have not wished to progress further but best of luck anyway!

How comes you can access it tomorrow? WAIT IS PART B BASED ON PART A 😭😭
Oh, dear. As much as I would have loved to help, I, unfortunately, cannot help you seeing as I've only completed levels 1 and 2 and have not wished to progress further but best of luck anyway!

How is level 2 I miss excel so much :frown:
Original post by amhick18
How is level 2 I miss excel so much :frown:

Horrendous! I much prefer the essay writing aspect rather than the design part as I find that the most tiresome. I'm just awaiting my exam grade from component 3 to see where my overall grade lies.
Horrendous! I much prefer the essay writing aspect rather than the design part as I find that the most tiresome. I'm just awaiting my exam grade from component 3 to see where my overall grade lies.

Omg the user interface thing actually killed me it was 15+ slides for a D it was ridiculous but I remember in year 11 I wrote SO MUCH for the coursework omg I miss excel so much Access just makes me wanna punch walls hahaha - nah I’m being dramatic but I wish level 3 still used excel :frown:
Original post by amhick18
Omg the user interface thing actually killed me it was 15+ slides for a D it was ridiculous but I remember in year 11 I wrote SO MUCH for the coursework omg I miss excel so much Access just makes me wanna punch walls hahaha - nah I’m being dramatic but I wish level 3 still used excel :frown:

Excel?! Operating that is a disaster!! Thank god you get a resubmission! I also wrote so much for the essay hoping to boost my grade. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure my teacher felt sorry for me as I'm probably the only one in my class putting effort into my work and I'm pretty sure all my reports added together was equivalent to a book! I hope your coursework goes well! :smile:
its 3 hours long the exam so the teacher said we can go back to part a if we remembered anything
its 3 hours long the exam so the teacher said we can go back to part a if we remembered anything

Wait really? lowkey would go back to retry query B
Original post by ManInTheMiddle
I did 4 tables.

what 4 tables was it stafftbl positiontbl performancegradetbl and what else and how did you do the queries
Excel?! Operating that is a disaster!! Thank god you get a resubmission! I also wrote so much for the essay hoping to boost my grade. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure my teacher felt sorry for me as I'm probably the only one in my class putting effort into my work and I'm pretty sure all my reports added together was equivalent to a book! I hope your coursework goes well! :smile:

My coursework is alright thank you, I’ve done up to a Merit rn cause idk when it’s properly due and my teachers aren’t helping but no no I got a distinction at GCSE from mainly coursework so as long as you explain in excessive detail you’ll get an easy Merit + :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending