The Student Room Group

Btec IT level 3 YR 2

I did all my assignments for btec IT level 3 year 2 but I didn’t do one assignment unit 17. Can I still pass the course or would I fail.
Original post by hunch_
I did all my assignments for btec IT level 3 year 2 but I didn’t do one assignment unit 17. Can I still pass the course or would I fail.

As Unit 17 is an Optional unit, you could still Pass, but it depends on all of your other grades. Have a look at Pages 274 - 278 of the specification, and you can work it all out; https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Information-Technology/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/specification-pearson-btec-level-3-national-extended-diploma-in-information-technology.pdf
Reply 2
you would fail the unit cuz of how you would need to get all pass criteria but it depends on your other grades
Original post by hunch_

As @bamtutor says, yes you can still pass. Page 10 of the specification make this clear:

"There are seven mandatory units, three internal and four external. Learners must complete and achieve at Near Pass grade or above in all mandatory external units and achieve a Pass or above in all mandatory internal units." and "Learners must complete at least six optional units."

As Unit 17 is an optional unit, there is no requirement to pass it (or even complete it) as long as you complete at least six optional units in total. Obviously, this means you don't gain any points from it, which makes the points you gain from the other units more important if you want a pass overall.

To put that into context, a Pass in Unit 17 is worth 6 points. To pass the qualification as a whole (PPP) you need a total of 108 points from all the units. (I'm assuming your taking the Extended Diploma, rather than the "regular" Diploma.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending