The Student Room Group

Booking Driving test Difficulty

Hey guys, I have passed my driving theory test back in March 2022 and since then I have been struggling massively to book my Practical Driving test. Do any of you have any tips on what I should do, so I can get one booked for as soon as possible? Like what times and days I should look for availability and such or if there’s any other alternative (something that will not break my pockets lol)?
Monday morning is when new dates come up
Reply 2
Original post by Mansika
Hey guys, I have passed my driving theory test back in March 2022 and since then I have been struggling massively to book my Practical Driving test. Do any of you have any tips on what I should do, so I can get one booked for as soon as possible? Like what times and days I should look for availability and such or if there’s any other alternative (something that will not break my pockets lol)?

Hey, Monday at 6 am log in to DVSA and there will be alot of tests released most will be 5 months ahead but i suggest you book and then find a cancellation date and TIP: Call Dvsa to find a cancellation they will be happy to help and if they are too busy download testi or drive now and try to stay alert for any cancellations. Do not trust resellers or people who claim they can get you an earlier date unless they are a verified driving instructor.
Original post by l33sha
Hey, Monday at 6 am log in to DVSA and there will be alot of tests released most will be 5 months ahead but i suggest you book and then find a cancellation date and TIP: Call Dvsa to find a cancellation they will be happy to help and if they are too busy download testi or drive now and try to stay alert for any cancellations. Do not trust resellers or people who claim they can get you an earlier date unless they are a verified driving instructor.

Completely agree with this. Don't worry if you can't initially book a test at the test centre you want to take it at - the main thing is just making sure that you have a test booked somewhere so that you can download a cancellation app to rebook you to the dates and centre you want. I got Driving test NOW! where you pay around £20 and you can get the app to auto book dates for you if a cancellation comes up or you can get notifications and book manually (you have to be very quick for this!!) I am looking to take my test in mid/late July and the app has already moved me from October to the start of August using the auto booker. However, remember that lots of people will also be using these apps to try and get an earlier test date so you might be waiting a bit depending on how popular your test centre is but I think that they have a money-back guarantee and when I emailed them after a few weeks of hearing nothing, my test was moved forward by 2 months the next day. Hope this works for you! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending