The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Should I Firm Bath or Birmingham? MPharm

I have offers from both Bath and Birmingham for pharmacy but I'm not sure which to go firm with and which to put as my insurance choice.

After looking at the rankings, Bath seems to be higher and more reputable but Birmingham is also well known and a part of the Russell Group. I'm also looking at the living costs and it looks like Bath is more on the expensive side. What are your opinions?
Have you visited both on open days? Which seemed like a more "you" kind of place to study / live?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Thanks for your reply, and no, I haven't been able to go to the open days since I'm outside of the UK so I'm a little more lost on that aspect. Honestly, my 'gut instinct is making me lean more towards Bath for some reason but Birmingham also seems like a great place to live because it's such a big city and more affordable.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your reply, and no, I haven't been able to go to the open days since I'm outside of the UK so I'm a little more lost on that aspect. Honestly, my 'gut instinct is making me lean more towards Bath for some reason but Birmingham also seems like a great place to live because it's such a big city and more affordable.

That's unfortunate. Have you at least checked out their virtual tours, here (Bath) and here (Birmingham), to try and get a sense of how it might be to study at each university?

If you really can't decide, I'd say to go with your gut: Bath.

Quick Reply

Latest