The Student Room Group

power and conflict poems?

are there any poems that definitely won't come up, or any that are very unlikely to come up? also does anyone have any predictions on what will come up?
London and Remains - london was 2021 and remains was 2020
Then I doubt War Photographer, Bayonet Charge, Ozymandias (these were also past papers), Extract from the Prelude, Tissues, My Last Duchess (these would be too hard as they are seen as high level and we are covid kids)
Top 3 for my predictions in no particular order would be: Checkin out me history, storm on the island, poppies
Checkin out me history due to BLM and stuff back during covid and there's been a lot of war
Storm on the island because there's been a lot of war and this was a specimen paper so AQA probably think it is fair poem to ask because Ozymandias was a specimen paper and it came up. Also not war
Same for Poppies it was a specimen paper and also low level so fair to come up. Even though I'm guessing not war, like I said it was a speciemn paper and 2021 wasn't war anyway so they could always revert to this one and it is war but not like the rest.
I'm not too sure but I'm pretty sure specimen papers are locked on the website so AQA could be thinking "oh if teachers login and use our resources their students will find it easy so it is more fair for these covid kids"
Other possibilities would be Emigree, Exposure, Charge of the light brigade but I don't really think they are likely to come up but still that possibility. Out of these 3 the only one I can see them asking is Exposure, I really doubt Emigree or Charge of the Light Brigade.
Just predictions though.
Original post by lara!
are there any poems that definitely won't come up, or any that are very unlikely to come up? also does anyone have any predictions on what will come up?

Ozymandias and war photographer were past papers I did last year but I can’t remember from what year. I know I wrote about remains but I can’t remember if that was the one I chose to compare it too or the question.

My teacher last year told me it was very unlikely for tissue to come up because of how difficult it was.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending