The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA power and conflict poem to come up??

I know you are supposed to revise all the poems, and i am, but does anyone have any ideas what poems might come up this year? Or which ones definitely wont
Ozymandias came up last year so it won’t this year and the year before that I think it was bayonet charge that came up - so it’s unlikely either will come up, revision wise don’t bother learning all of them, learn one for every theme (so like war, identity, power of nature etc.), especially the ones that you can easily compare to others and remember context
Reply 2
I don't think they'll include the poem Tissue - that seems too harsh, because it's not a straightforward poem and it's hard to understand.
Maybe something on identity as that theme hasn’t come up yet. With regards to your revision I wouldn’t suggests learning all the poems
Original post by anamoore
I know you are supposed to revise all the poems, and i am, but does anyone have any ideas what poems might come up this year? Or which ones definitely wont
Maybe chekcing out me history-dem tell me,dem tell me,wha dem tell me,
or chrafe of the light brigade
or poppies/exposure

Moreover, I think its gone be a conflict/war poem-

If you see the pattern-
specimen-power
2017-conflict.war
2018-power- repeated as specimen
2019-conflict

howver to be on the safe side its best to revise london, ozymandia(conflict), prelude
Reply 5
hi i have english gcse lit tomorrow and i wanna know what poem may come uo
I need help finding a song as well
It goes
"You can be anything you wanna be
Baby I have been having..."
Idk the next part that's all I can remember
same
i’ve heard a lot about checking out me history , london and the emigree so that’s what i’m revising :smile:
Original post by cobainsclouts
i’ve heard a lot about checking out me history , london and the emigree so that’s what i’m revising :smile:

but I thought London came up in the 2021 papers already?
i thought it was assessed grades last year ? It definitely could have done but it’s what my teachers suggested and to be fair it can be compared well with any of the power focused ones!
Reply 11
i think checking me out history will be in the exam as most of the others have already been in. AQA has been fined for using the same poems but its unlikely so revise ones that haven't been used in previous exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending