The Student Room Group

i hate my driving instructor

The guy is a Karen. I drove into the right lane instead of the left and he went on about it and said "now we are in a difficult situation because who drove into the wrong lane?" and i just said me, if you drive 2 minutes ahead the roads were merging anyway, i don't see the difference it made. Also if you make a mistake instead of telling you, he just puts you down.

Also when i went around the roundabout i cancelled the signal and he put it back on and goes don't cancel the signal, let it cancel itself.

Also in the lesson last week, the seat was put lower down by the student before, and I'm really short so I couldn't see the road markings and was struggling to drive. The **** just kept having a go at me and didn't even have the decency to tell me that the seat was moved lower. I didn't even know it moved up and down. Then I asked him the in the next lesson if you can move the seat up and down and he said yeah but he leaves it to the students to do it themselves and don't change it after the last student.

I hate driving with him

I have told my parents and they won't let me change because they think with a new instructor I will have to start from scratch.

Now because there is no lessons available in my area and I will be moving out for uni, the instructor has booked me in for a test in august with a guy that lets instructors know when tests have been cancelled but they cost £200.

I honestly can't see myself passing with this instructor and now i'm wasting a lot of money to fail. He's booked it as well so its too late to change instructors. what do i do.
Reply 1
If you can find a new Instructor you should start at a stage that reflects your prior learned knowledge. However, how well this Instructor has explained the cockpit drill to you including seat adjustment is anyone's guess.

I'm not sure that the test fee of £200 for someone providing information to have a test date is acceptable?
I would ring the DVSA on 0300 123 9000 and discuss this to eliminate the possibility of fraud or a money scam going on here.

See if you can find an instructor and then go on their waiting list. The key to your success is being happy with your instructor. you will drive far better in the long run for being relaxed and eager to learn.
Change then. Simple.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending