The Student Room Group

Driving test

So my driving test is in less than a week and I’m kinda nervous, I’m a good driver just want to make sure I check all boxes so I can hopefully pass 1st time. Any tips?
Reply 1
Take away the pass or fail and focus totally on 'How do I drive my Nanna / Grandad safely from A to B around this town?'
You just need to be safe & legal.

You can't pre-empt what the traffic Gods will throw at you on any one day. So get your head dealing with the moment at every stage of the journey, step by step. Keep the head searching & looking & asking questions about position, speed, gear all the time. Screw your able & competent driver head on before you reach the test centre (leave the learner head at home)

Fortunately in this country they don't execute you if you fail. So you can always try again another day.
Original post by Muttly
Take away the pass or fail and focus totally on 'How do I drive my Nanna / Grandad safely from A to B around this town?'

You just need to be safe & legal.

You can't pre-empt what the traffic Gods will throw at you on any one day. So get your head dealing with the moment at every stage of the journey, step by step. Keep the head searching & looking & asking questions about position, speed, gear all the time. Screw your able & competent driver head on before you reach the test centre (leave the learner head at home)

Fortunately in this country they don't execute you if you fail. So you can always try again another day.

Yeah definitely, that was really helpful, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending