The Student Room Group

short story prt 2 yh i know there are a lot of typos

I lay in bed trying different ways to convince myself to get up and get ready but the pitter patter of raindrops on my windowsill kept on interrupting my thoughts.I don't feel like standing up.I don't want to.It's normal for the average 17-year old to not want to get up on their first day on 11th grade.
Isn't it?.Or am I just lazy?.
I spit out the stray strands of hair in my mouth and pause my breathing for just 10 seconds to get the pure sound of rain.Rainy Mondays hit different.It's not usual,it hardly ever happens but you know it could happen.It just doesn't cross your mind so you don't quite consider it a possibility.It seems impossible but it is possible.I stretch and yawn as loud I want to.That's weird,I normally wake up to the sound of a very loud alarm.Unless...
I take a very quick glance at the wall clock.
I'm 30 minutes late for school.Laura didn't wake me,that hoe.
I kick myself off the bed, give the pillow a last hug and charge for my toothbrush.I take a quick 3 minute shower,mostly grabbing and rubbing the slippery soap on my skin while streams of warm water hit my bare back and wet my hair.Today couldn't be any worse.Having a twin,you'd half expect them to help wake you up and get ready but I guess I have a devil for a freaking twin sister.
In 7 minutes,I was in a purple taupe oversized sweater and maroon shorts that matched my hair with one grey sneaker on and the other sneaker in my hand .With a raincoat of course.Swinging my bag over my back and making my way down the stairs,I made quick toast and took a few swigs of orange juice,with my mouth still bearing the scent of toothpaste, before rushing out the door and into light drizzle.40 minutes late.Mom wasn't home;she'll almost never at home.The last bus would arrive any second.
"Addy,you are very very late for my lesson.You're on detention for 2 weeks.Sit down"
These were the words that greeted me as I nervously walked into the social studies class.Mrs Mabel has always been strict with punctuality so I wasn't surprised.I muttered a 'yes ma'am' and scanned the classroom for an empty seat.There was an empty seat next to a boy I've never seen before.He had black hair that covered his eyes as he wrote notes on a yellow book.The grey and white plaid flannel shirt he wore showed every single curve of his body,where his waist starts and where his torso ends.I used my bag as way to get his attention by slamming it on my table,just loud enough for him to look at me.
He's gorgeous.
He has silver eyes.Silver,I tell you.Not grey because they're actually sparkling when he looks at me.I feel jealous that my dull green-blue could never match those gems encrusted on his roundish pupils,decorated with long black eyelashes.His lips were ever so little and full and he looked like a girl would kill to see his dimples.He studies me from head to toe,giving an almost audible , that only I and himself hear, when he sees my worn gray sneakers.That's rude.I almost lost my fascination in him.Almost.He turned away from me and went back to writing notes.
"Sit,or you'll get punished".
It sounded like a command when he says it in his low, sexy and grovelly baritone voice and I obeyed like a helpless servant.I freaking just met this guy but he's got me obeying his orders.I can't believe I had actually stood there for like 2 mins watching him study me,allowing his eyes to touch me in all places like I was his.Like he was mine.Like I belonged to him and I was his porcelain vase on his expensive kitchen counter.Maybe,I want to be his.
"Are you listening to me?"
"What?",I blurt and my hand flew to my mouth.He gives me a confused look and nudges his head to Mrs Mabel who was standing right in front of us."Miss Addy,you've been absent minded since you came into this lesson.I gave a task about 5 minutes ago and you've been staring into space doing absolutely nothing.You're being a bad influence to Luke right here,who is a new student"
Luke.Lu-ke.L.U.K.E.I like that name.I'll remember it forever.
"Please do try to keep up.It's your first day".
Then she walked off,she always walks like she's got a stick up her ass.I rolled my eyes so much,I'm pretty sure I looked possessed.The bell rang and everyone walked up and submitted their 'tasks' that was meant to be done with their partners but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to talk to Luke even if I tried.I packed my bags and walked out the door.We had a small hallway break of about 10 minutes and everyone was at their lockers talking,couples were holding hands,some were kissing and I was looking for Nia and Griffin;My two best friends.I made my way to the forbidden lockers.It just an almost empty hallway which was filled with empty lockers by each side.Almost no-one hangs out here;it's perfect for having private conversations.Secret kisses or secret breakups.I bumped into someone.It had to be a boy.So I backed up and saw his silver eyes once more.
Luke.
"Watch where you're going",he said and then he stormed off.It's like he's trying to make me not like him.It's a test to choose the long-suffering that is most worthy of his love.I won't fail in this one.As I watch him walk away,I feel a hand squeeze my shoulder lightly.I immediately turned and hugged the person.Nia."Watch it on the chest,I'm growing",she joked as she rocked me side to side."Gosh,I missed you",I replied.I couldn't reach Nia on my phone over the summer because she lost her phone on her vaction in the Carribean.Her hoop earrings dangled and gently hit my forehead and I inhaled her sweet scent.
"Hey,girls".
Griffin stood 2 feet away from us with his hands in his pockets and dark brown hair ever so messy.His skin looked tanner,he grew taller and sounded kind of mature.It's like he had a growth spurt over the summer.He winked at Nia and she rushed over and punched him in the shoulder."So,how's it been you two?",I asked nudging my head to the side.
"Nothing much,we're dating".
I felt like my whole world was crashing down on me.Over the summer,I was stuck in my ouse with my twin sister and my mom,who still goes to work to support and I'd stared at my phone thinking my best friends must be feeling as lonely and worked up as I am but they're probably..making out?.Kissing and going on dates?.As much as this disturbed me,I faked a smile."Congrats guys,I guess I'm the third wheel now",I said trying my best to not sound like a desperate, lonely single.Nia leaned in and kissed Brad.Brad's arms wrapped around Nia's waist and it was then that I realized that they were always kinda close ever since 2nd grade but it never ever crossed my mind that they could be closer than friends.I dared to ask a question I didn't want an answer to.
"When did it become official?"
They finally broke up their lips and Nia looked at Brad with raised eyebrows and a smirk."During the summer,we texted each other all night and couldn't stop videocalling.I love her so much".Nia faced me with a guilty look and blinked hard twice.It's our secret sign language that we created back in 3rd grade.One blink means You're crazy or you're silly.Two blinks means We'll talk later.Three blinks means I love you.
But right now, I'm not even sure if we're close enough to make those secret blinks anymore.
"You liar",I said.The bell rang and I stormed back into the main hallway and as far away as I can get from those two.Nia said she lost her phone on her vaction on the Carribean but I'm uncertain she even left for a vaction or lost her phone.She's been ignoring my calls and muting my messages on purpose.All because of 'him'.Love rendered her deaf to her best friend's texts and calls.It was all an act.The locked door,the 'out on vacation' sign was all an act.
I guess love breaks friendships too.
Chapter 2
"You're pathetic".
I'm in my room,kneeling on the floor,with my face in my hands begging Laura to leave me alone.My room was trashed,with books of all sizes laying open on the floor,clothes and socks in ever corner."You're pathetic,",she repeats."I wish I were born alone,then mom wouldn't have to work so much".She has my purple diary in one hand, ripped pages of my most embarrasing moments in the other."I'll humiliate you so bad and make you hate your life so much, you'll wish you were never BORN,", she continued with her voice getting higher and higher as she emphasized on each word. At least she didn't find my laptop. Laura grabbed a nearby book and lunged it at my forehead before making her way to the door. No,no, NOO!.I swung my right leg at her knee and she stumbled and hit herself on the door, with her arms spawn on the floor. I lunged at her and sat on her back, holding her neck in my elbow, making her beg for mercy.
"You're choking me", she croaked. I took my chance and grabbed the papers and my diary from her hands and made my way downstairs. I skipped I heard Laura groan and quickened my pace. In no time, she was hot on me. Knowing how athletic and fast she was, I knew I had no chance against her. So I stopped at the last step, gathered all the strength I could, and threw it to Bruno before getting thrown to the ground by my sister's weight. Bruno escaped through the dog door; with the papers and book in his mouth. Laura snarled like a wolf when she realized my hands were empty. She had a big red bruise on her forehead. I almost felt sorry for her.Almost.She took one glance at my hands and went after Bruno, slamming the door behind them. With a groan, I bring myself to my feet and give cry when a sharp pain travels through my right knee. That hoe. I limp to the door and open it to find a very shocking scene. Laura stared open-mouthed at a boy with black hair and silver eyes, holding Bruno in one hand and the papers and diary in the other.
My boy with black hair and silver eyes.Luke.
Luke turns around and gives me a look in between confused and surprised. I hold his gaze but he breaks it within seconds. He flashes Laura a strange look and then gives her a wink. It's s strange wink, not seductive or sultry. It's more of a sign than a wink. What surprises me more is that Laura nods and winks back. She glared daggers at me before she storms back inside the house. I was about to go back after her but stopped dead in my tracks.Bruno.Luke strokes his wavy brown fur while cradling him like a baby in his hands. But his face is emotionless and void of any happiness or pleasure.
"Can I have my dog back?"
It's the first actual word I've ever spoken to him since he came. It felt like a huge achievement, to be able to communicate with the most beautiful boy I've ever met. He walks towards me but I don't know whether to run or also walk towards him. Maybe I should just stand and hold my hands outwards to hold Bruno. Or run towards him and hug him. That's what happens in movies right?. Should I snatch the dog from him?. Luke stands 3 feet away from me and gently lays Bruno on all fours on the grass. Bruno runs inside and I am left alone with Luke. He scratches the back of his head and reaches into his pocket, bringing out the now-folded ripped out pages from my diary.
"I think this belongs to you".
"Oh, I...".He walks closer and takes my hand, My sweaty sweaty hand, and places the papers in it. I grasp it and retrieve my hand. The butterflies in my stomach are growing wilder now and my face flushes now and then as each second passes. I open my mouth to say something but close it immediately I see his lips part.
"See you tomorrow then".
He turns and strides with his hands in his pockets, his black leather jacket dancing with the wind. I stand there speechless, on my front lawn, feeling like throwing up because the butterflies in my stomach are laying eggs now and creating new butterflies and feelings for this mysterious boy. This mysterious boy that I hardly know hardly talked to.
But I feel something between us.
"Get in, punk. It's about to rain"
Light raindrops freckled my nose and I put a hand above my head as I ran inside with the papers in my hand. Laura is in the sitting room with folded arms and her pedicured feet on the table. She glares at the papers in my hand. At first, I don't notice but when I do, I tear it up into a million pieces and throw them up in her face. She doesn't move an inch and I take my chance and run back to my room, slamming it shut behind me.
After placing the last book on the shelf, I gave in to my bed and let the warm softness engulf me and ease my tensed muscles. Twin sisters can be such a nuisance sometimes. I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone to check my messages. I have 2 missed calls from Nia and a text message from Griffin. I open it reluctantly, not expecting what I saw.
"Meet us at the central park at 3 pm.I and Nia got something to say"
I check the time, 3:15 pm. There's no way, I'm standing up from my bed to talk to either of them.Backstabbers.I close the messaging app and go to other apps; games, social media, anything to cut the communication line between either of them.
I get an unknown call.
For a minute, I just stare at it without moving. I could be anyone, anyone at all. I could be a celebrity, a stranger or a circus trying to put me out of my misery by taking me to where people like me belong. I have a crazy life, so sadistic, so funny. But it's not funny to me. Not at all. I don't pick up the call and stare at my screen,waiting-patiently waiting. A minute passes, two minutes. If the person desperately wants to talk to me, then they would call back. They would.
They call again. So, it's serious.
I pick it up.
"Hello?".
There's heavy breathing at the end of the line. For a while, neither of us speaks. I keep quiet and listen to the huff puff of the person from the other line. I put the phone down and stare at the screen, giving this stranger infinite chances to speak, to communicate.To slow his heavy breathing.
"Addy?"
So they know my name. It's a gruff voice, too young to be a full-grown man."Yes?", I answer. There's silence for 5 seconds. Just 5.I know because I started counting down as I slowly realized that this could be a scam.
"Help..I need your help. It's Noah, I'm at Park Hill. Jen had a concussion! Come quick, now!".
I keep a clear distance between my phone and my ear. It's a wrong number. It's a young boy-18 tops-probably his girlfriend fainted and he had some friend who shares the same name as me; No big deal. But I can't deny, that Noah does ring a bell..
"It's Noah Beckhill.The boy in huge overalls that made you cry.Remember?"
Damn.
"Are you coming?I really need an ambulance!.Can't reach them from here!Pretty low service!.Don't cut the call!Don't cut the-".
I cut the call and put on my jacket.No way was I ever gonna go back and help the boy,who loved me,held me and said I would be his forever his 2 years ago then pushed me,rolled me in the mud,cheated and rejected me for some stupid blondie that stripped him of his money and left him broke under two months.Even after he realized his mistake,he hasn't accepted it.He calls himself 'the boy who made me cry'.He called me weak.
I'm going to see Griffin.Maybe he does deserve a chance.
Tieing my shoelaces and taking out thick wooly joggers,I planned the conversation.I'd say Hi,he'd say hi-Nia'd say hi too-,we'd stare at each other for some time,maybe during that time,he'd say sorry-Nia'd say sorry too-they'd explain themselves and then I can come back home and go to bed with a clear conscience.Maybe I'll lock the door before I leave.It's perfect.
I glanced outside the window.The rain had stopped and everywhere was looking freshly cleaned and wet with rain.It showed the true colour of the trees with drops of rain sliding down leaves and hitting the wet pavement all over again.If only it could also wash people of their grime and dust and show their true colours.
I lock my door on my way out and shove the keys into the left pocket,holding onto them for dear life fearing that Laura could jump on me out of nowhere and grab those keys,probably lock me out and make me sleep outside;she's that savage.Laura's downstairs on the couch using her phone, in a crop top and shorts."Going out.Be back soon.Don't burn the house",I said as I close the door.She glares at me on my way out.I adjust my huge jacket and zip it up.It's 3:20pm,Griffin and Nia must be waiting.
I jog lightly to avoid slipping from the mud puddles in every corner.The bus arrives and I get in.Am I sure of this?.Could a life be lost?Am I doing the right thing?.I stare at my hands.These hands could be stained with blood.They could be the cause.They could have murdered someone.I shush the small voice in my head that torments me every time.
"Heading off to where,young lady?".
The bus conductor has a cheery smile for such a rainy day.He had a blue cap on which hardly even covered his salt and pepper hair.His birthmark was a small black dot,just inches away from the left corner of his lips.There were quite visible eyebags around his eyes.I figured out that he might have some mouths to feed,judging from the rather visible wedding ring on his finger.
"Um.."-I had no idea where I'm going.Center park or Park Hill.If 'Jen' actually dies,it would kind of make me a heartless person.It would be all my fault.I'd be one of the factors contributing to her death.I'd be a suspect.
I'd have another person's blood on my hands.
"Young lady?".The bus conductor waves a hand in front of my face."The bus's about to get going,ma'am.Please make a choice.You're keeping quite a crowd behind you".I turn around and see a teenage girl with dyed blue hair and 2 noserings giving me a very nasty glare."Hurry up",she murmured.She sounded so snobby and spoiled,which made me want to make a decision very quickly.
"Park hill"
"That'll be 3 dollars".
And I paid.
Chapter 3
I got stuck with a seat next to the snobby teenage girl.
3 minutes in and she was chewing gum very loudly and blasting music loud enough to hear through her headphones.I checked the time;3:30pm.I hope I'm not late.I send a text to Griffin telling him that I wouldn't make it due to some urgent plans
Then I made the ambulance call.
"Hello?.911?.Could you send an ambulance to Park Hill?"
"That's a quite isolated place ma'am",the voice replied.
"I swear that I'm not up to anything shading sir.A friend of mine is unconscious and I really need your help.Send help immediately!".
"Okay,ma'am".
The call was cut and I held my bag and prayed that Jen was alive.Whoever she was.I never thought I would actually get out of the comfort of my home and start reaching to some stranger I have never met before.Maybe it was I and Noah's kiss 2 summers ago.Maybe there was still something, even though it's microscopic, that was left after I and Noah broke up.
"Park Hill.Any passengers getting off at Park Hill should get off now"
I grab my bag and make my way out of the bus.I feel something drop out of my bag on my way out but I feel that it's unimportant.My bag was empty when I left the house,wasn't it?.Just to be safe,I turn around and find the blue-haired teenager holding up my phone and coming towards me.She holds it out to me."You dropped this",she murmurs while looking down at her phone.It surprises me to know that I almost forgot one of the most important things I would need.I grab it,thank her and get out of the bus.
Such little conversation.
I take my phone out once the bus leaves and try calling Noah.He was right;there's quite low service here.Once the 3rd call fails,I start shouting his name.I run down the rougly paved dirt road that leads into Park hill forest.Cupping the corners of my lips,I shout as loud as I can.Maybe he isn't here.Maybe this was a prank.Maybe it was a joke.
Maybe I'm in danger.
I grab a nearby stick with a sharp end and started proceeding into the heart of the forest.I kept my ears sharp for any howl,cry or shriek.But there's silence.Such deafening silence.Stepping forward every 5 seconds,I make an attempt to always move back at the sound of an unfamiliar noise.After a few minutes,I hear sirens.
The ambulance is here and I only have limited time to find the victims.
So I do what any reaosnable girl should.
I run into the forest screaming like I'm insane and beating any bush that comes in my way.Breaking nearby twigs and destroying innocent shurbs,I expect to be closer to them.That's when I hear it.It's a man's moan and sighs and as I run closer,it gets louder.I know I've reached them when I stop at a curtain of creepers and peek my stick in;it goes through.
So I push the curtains aside.
There, handsome as ever, is Noah beckhill leaning over a limp unconscious girl on the ground with the most golden auburn hair I've ever seen.Noah's hand was wrapped around her neck and his head rested inbetween her breasts.She has a nasty gash on her forehead that was bleeding and staining Noah's sky blue T-shirt.His eyes shift from looking at the ground and they stop at my shoes.Noah looks up and our eyes meet.For a moment,I gaze into his deep blue eyes that are now streaked with red.There's a slight rise and fall in her chest;so there's still hope.He doesn't move,just stares and I hold his gaze like a precious gemstone.His lip is bleeding.
That's strange.
"Wait here",I whisper.
"You came".His eyes are wide and full of disbelief, searching me, bbbhbgstaring at me like I'm not real.
I try to retrace my steps and go as far as I could to where I had started running and cried for help.I screamed till my voice got hoarse and the footsteps got louder and louder.....
The blue-haired teenager.
Her head peeks out from behind a nearby tree.She's wearing hiking boots and a safari jacket and her hair was in a bun;different from her previous hairstyle and the red top and jeans she was wearing earlier.She gives me a look between surprised and confused."What are you doing here?",she asked.
"It's an emergency..",I started.
"I know.Where is he?",she interrupted.
She was quite rude for someone who looked younger than I did.She took a step closer and walked past me,revealing her full physique;not bad.I walked her take every step,my curiosity growing with every second.It never occured to me that maybe she was against Noah.Maybe she was one of his enemies.But it just did.
"Who are you?".
"Someone close to Noah",she replied,not looking at me but tracing patterns on the mud.The sound of crunching twigs and boots on mud got louder and louder.Then a bunch of parademics went charging towards Noah's location;like they knew where he is.The blue haired teenager stepped closer to me and held my shoulder,pulling me closer at the same time leaning in.Her lip nipped at my ear and sent shivers through my spine,surprisingly.
"Don't be involved in any of this.Get out,now.You're not needed here"
She slowly brings her shoulders back,glaring daggers at me at the same time.I give the same energy back but I'm not trying to pick a fight.We stand there staring each other down in silence.She turns around without breaking our gaze then walks through the curtain of creepers.
Well,that was weird.
After some minutes,the parademics pull out a stretcher with the unconscious Jen,the gash looking disgusting as ever and Noah behind him,looking pale as if he's seen a ghost.He follows the parademics like a lost child following anyone assumed to be his mother.The parademics take Jen further away and before Noah follows them,he stops,turns to me and give the most creepiest smile I had ever seen.Then,like he hadn't just expressed a sign of joy,he changed back to his miserable state and followed them out.
That was also weird.
The blue-haired teenager came out minutes after Noah did.She glanced at her phone and then held it up to her ear.She started talking to the caller before shooting me a quick glance,and then walking out.Confused as to why I was still standing where I was,I followed suit.
The ambulance had just drove off.How was I going to get home now?
"You need a ride?",she asked,now not on a call anymore.
"You don't look old enough to have a drivers' lincense",I answered.
"Answer my question.Do you need one or not?"
"Yes",I answered,accpeting defeat.
"Follow me",she said and surprisingly grabbed my wrist,forcing me to follow her.I was silent and surprised the entire time,allowing myself to be contolled by this kind,yet mysterious stranger.Stranger;I don't know her name yet.She pulled me round another corner and I could clearly see the transition from the woods to city life.We were in front of the same lane the bus dropped me in,but there was no bus.Just a fancy looking car,with a boy on the driver's seat.
A boy.Very young,about my age with such a chisled jaw and a handsome face.
"You haven't told me your name yet"
"Trix.That's what my friends call me but you're not my friend,I just like being called that".
Trix knocked on the driver's window and the boy turned his head and flashed a killer smile,I wished he was smiling at me.Trix got to the passenger's seat and I went to the back with shaking legs,hoping Trix could introduce me to this stunning stranger.
"Jacob,this is Addy.Right?",she said turning around and raising her eyebrow at me.I have no idea how she knows my name;I never told her.Jacob turns around and gives me the killer smile,"Nice to meet you".My face flushed and I tried to hide it with my hoodie but I still felt his stare on me and it was making the hairs on my neck rise.
"Where to?",he asked.
"12 pinestone street,please".I felt so stupid saying it,like a lost 5-year-old child.I take my phone out of my pocket.5:15pm,it was gettting late.I look outside to see a very stunning sunset with streaks of orange,blue and yellow,painting the sky.I mouth a 'wow',at the same time my phone pinged.
where are u?
It was from Laura.
None of your business.On my way home already.
Bi...
I put my phone down and stared out the window.The trees weren't moving anymore and the sunset was still.I turned my head around to see a fairly annoyed Trix looking straight at me and a looking-handsome-as-always Jacob checking me out.
Checking me out.
"I think we're here",Trix said in a low voice.Then she turned her seat so that we were facing each other."Let's never speak of this again.Today never happened.Just go to your house and if you ever remember this,it was a dream".
I opened the car door and ran to the front door without looking back,but I heard the car whizz off and I hoped that would be the last I would see of it.But I memorized its plate number;just in case.Dusting my jacket,I open the door.
My moutb falls wide open when I see what awaits me.
Laura is on the floor,in torn clothes-almost half naked even-thin long open scars stretched across her legs.Some bleeding.
The house is in a bad state.
Reply 1
this is not short :blah: but it’s probably quite good tbh
Reply 2
Original post by E.B5
this is not short :blah: but it’s probably quite good tbh

really
but u didn't even read part 1:s-smilie: so like whyy u reading this one
Reply 3
Original post by starxoxox
really
but u didn't even read part 1:s-smilie: so like whyy u reading this one

I’m bored rn so my posts atm are useless ignore me
Reply 4
Original post by E.B5
I’m bored rn so my posts atm are useless ignore me

gosh ur annoying
nah ur my only post so i can't just ignore u...
rate my work out of 10:wink:
Reply 5
Original post by starxoxox
gosh ur annoying
nah ur my only post so i can't just ignore u...
rate my work out of 10:wink:

Do I have to read the first part
Reply 6
Original post by E.B5
Do I have to read the first part

not really
but there are some details u may need to fully understand this part
Not gonna lie, if you read this you have no life.

- 4,927 words
- 26,468 characters

If you write 4 stories of this length you'd literally have to truncate it to make it fit in 1 post.

How long did it take to write this?
@starxoxox
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Original post by sufys
Not gonna lie, if you read this you have no life.

- 4,927 words
- 26,468 characters

If you write 4 stories of this length you'd literally have to truncate it to make it fit in 1 post.

How long did it take to write this?
@starxoxox

That’s what a thought, it’s long as s***
Original post by E.B5
That’s what a thought, it’s long as s***

Exactly. I don't think I've ever made a post with 500 words, even.
It's just crazy! I could never do that.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 10
Original post by sufys
Exactly. I don't think I've ever made a post with 500 words, even.
It's just crazy! I could never do that.

I would just get bored and head over to CTAM. If you ever catch me making a post with 500+ words send help for me as I’ve hit an all time low.
it's a damn story that i was writing like a year ago
just posting it to get some ratings

Quick Reply

Latest