The Student Room Group

Benefits

Hi,

My family is on benefits. I recently got a job and my father is afraid that our benefits will start to be cut off. A lot of my friends also work and have families who are on benefits. They have no issues. They say it's because we are still students and benefits will be cut off once we enter into the workforce.

Is that true? I am confused.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by meli77
Hi,

My family is on benefits. I recently got a job and my father is afraid that our benefits will start to be cut off. A lot of my friends also work and have families who are on benefits. They have no issues. They say it's because we are still students and benefits will be cut off once we enter into the workforce.

Try calling Citizens Advice:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/
Reply 2
Original post by meli77
Hi,

Your family or yours?

ie do you live with them?

If you don't live with them then there will be no effect. But then they would be their benefits not 'our benefits'.
Tell us more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending