The Student Room Group

Adult dependent grant

Hello, i want to apply for adult dependent grant because I have a parent who depends on my financially.
They have no income but recieve universal credit and disability payments. Does this count as income?

Thank you
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
They are unable to work
Original post by DragonflyRose
Hello, i want to apply for adult dependent grant because I have a parent who depends on my financially.
They have no income but recieve universal credit and disability payments. Does this count as income?

Thank you

Hi there,

We would only use any taxable benefits income if your parent receives this. If the benefits are not taxable then they wouldn't be counted as income.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 3
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

We would only use any taxable benefits income if your parent receives this. If the benefits are not taxable then they wouldn't be counted as income.

Thanks,
Claire

Thank you for your reply Claire so if I fill out the form do I put all the income they get overall from the benefits, universal credit or put down £0 became they dont have any taxable income at all or for example but £50 because they receive X benefit and that is £50
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by DragonflyRose
Thank you for your reply Claire so if I fill out the form do I put all the income they get overall from the benefits, universal credit or put down £0 became they dont have any taxable income at all or for example but £50 because they receive X benefit and that is £50

We only need to know about the benefits income if it's a taxable benefit. If it's not taxable benefit you would then put £0.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending