The Student Room Group

Phone Contract

So I've been trying to get a phone contract for a while under my own name/bank account, but been very unsuccessful.

I work part time but do about 22 hours a week most weeks and do cover other people most weeks too.

I just tried to get a phone and choosing just about 50% upfront cost and the rest as 24 month contract as that's what I can do currently. And would help build my credit a little. The monthly cost would only be around £10 a month and so I'm confused why I get denied instantly.Screenshot_20220617_015752_com.android.chrome-compressed.jpg.jpeg
I assume you've visited www.transunion.co.uk/ and checked your credit report? It's free to do so and should reveal the issue.

Have you any reason to suspect you might have poor credit? (Failing to make payments in time in the past, for example.)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
I assume you've visited www.transunion.co.uk/ and checked your credit report? It's free to do so and should reveal the issue.

Have you any reason to suspect you might have poor credit? (Failing to make payments in time in the past, for example.)

Yes I have checked and it doesn't say the reason is bad credit. Maybe not enough credit history I guess. I am able to use klarna pay in 3 though so might do that instead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending