The Student Room Group

Malpractice in gcse exam

Hi everyone,
I received a letter telling me that in one exam (maths one) , i talked ,had a bad behaviour and swearing. In that day i was in a room with 5 people that were all screaming ans making stupid noses, some of them were calling my name and i couldn’t do my exam properly. So i think that teacher got angry and reported everyone. That letter tells me that i can get disqualified from all my gcses, but as long as i remember i didn’t do all that . I didn’t swear and had a bad behaviour, i remember just talking to be honest. I also need to write a statment about what happenned , so now i dont know what to do or what to write in that statment, could you please tell me what to write and if I will get disqualified from all my exams ? It’s literaly killing me inside me and my mom . Thank you for your answers
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Pleasehelpme31
Hi everyone,
I received a letter telling me that in one exam (maths one) , i talked ,had a bad behaviour and swearing. In that day i was in a room with 5 people that were all screaming ans making stupid noses, some of them were calling my name and i couldn’t do my exam properly. So i think that teacher got angry and reported everyone. That letter tells me that i can get disqualified from all my gcses, but as long as i remember i didn’t do all that . I didn’t swear and had a bad behaviour, i remember just talking to be honest. I also need to write a statment about what happenned , so now i dont know what to do or what to write in that statment, could you please tell me what to write and if I will get disqualified from all my exams ? It’s literaly killing me inside me and my mom . Thank you for your answers

Were you told on that day that you would be reported? How many invigialtors were there in the room and why did they not act at the time?

Just write what happened, why you spoke and the lack of action by invigilators.
Reply 2
Hi everyone,

I agree with @Muttley79 that you should just write what happened as simply and honestly as you can. Give your explanation of any disruption that occurred in the exam and most especially what you did. If you think you did anything wrong (that would including any talking to others/responding to others, shouting out, making noises, using bad language) then say you are very sorry if you broke any rules but that you were only responding to the behavior of others who were disrupting your exams. Get someone else to read it after you have written it to make sure you have expressed yourself clearly.
Original post by Muttley79
Were you told on that day that you would be reported? How many invigialtors were there in the room and why did they not act at the time?

Just write what happened, why you spoke and the lack of action by invigilators.

Thank you for your answer. No one told me that I would be reported and there was only one invigialtors in that room, he’s the one that reported me. Do you think i will be disqualified from all my gcses ? That’s what matters the most for me. Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
I agree with @Muttley79 that you should just write what happened as simply and honestly as you can. Give your explanation of any disruption that occurred in the exam and most especially what you did. If you think you did anything wrong (that would including any talking to others/responding to others, shouting out, making noises, using bad language) then say you are very sorry if you broke any rules but that you were only responding to the behavior of others who were disrupting your exams. Get someone else to read it after you have written it to make sure you have expressed yourself clearly.

Only one invigilator - is that usual in a room?
Reply 5
Thank you for your answer. No one told me that I would be reported and there was only one invigialtors in that room, he’s the one that reported me. Do you think i will be disqualified from all my gcses ? That’s what matters the most for me. Thank you

I can't say but it seems unlikely - be honest. I would have not been happy if poor behaviour wasn't being tackled - did the teacher have a phone to call for help? Did they call for help?
I can't say but it seems unlikely - be honest. I would have not been happy if poor behaviour wasn't being tackled - did the teacher have a phone to call for help? Did they call for help?

I would have not been happy too, i was th only one trying to do my exam and I find it very unfair.
Reply 7
I would have not been happy too, i was th only one trying to do my exam and I find it very unfair.

What did the invigilator do about the poor behaviour? They should have called for help not let it continue ... how much of the exam did it affect? Did you complain afterwards to anyone?
Reply 8
Only one invigilator - is that usual in a room?

Yes. it's very common if there is a small number of candidates who need a separate room as part of their access arrangements. The invigilator should have easy access to additional support from the exam officer who may be in the main exam hall. In my centre last year we had 4 additional rooms with a single invigilator for candidates with a variety of access arrangements.
Reply 9
Original post by gdunne42
Yes. it's very common if there is a small number of candidates who need a separate room as part of their access arrangements. The invigilator should have easy access to additional support from the exam officer who may be in the main exam hall. In my centre last year we had 4 additional rooms with a single invigilator for candidates with a variety of access arrangements.

We try and have two in every room but in this case the invigilator should have had access to a phone to get support.
Reply 10
We try and have two in every room but in this case the invigilator should have had access to a phone to get support.

100% agree

Quick Reply

Latest