The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Anybody finished the 'Access to bath' end assessment course? what's it like?

i know worrying about failing an online test is trivial but not when the stakes are high. what's the test like is it a multiple choice one reviewed by an algorithm or is it something totally unexpected?
Original post by Moziph
i know worrying about failing an online test is trivial but not when the stakes are high. what's the test like is it a multiple choice one reviewed by an algorithm or is it something totally unexpected?

I'm assuming by now you've completed the exam, if you remember what was it lie?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
like*
Original post by Anonymous
Reply 3
Not bad pretty easy multiple choice, anyway deadline was on 31st July

Original post by Anonymous
Reply 4
Original post by Moziph
Not bad pretty easy multiple choice, anyway deadline was on 31st July

Is the multiple choice questions based heavily on content in the access to bath course?
Original post by nathan1507
Is the multiple choice questions based heavily on content in the access to bath course?

Yes, it's based entirely on the content within the course. You can also refer back to previous sections as you are doing the assessment in case you want to make sure you're selecting the right options. There are also 3 attempts for each question and no time limit.
Reply 6
Original post by bloodyeclipse
Yes, it's based entirely on the content within the course. You can also refer back to previous sections as you are doing the assessment in case you want to make sure you're selecting the right options. There are also 3 attempts for each question and no time limit.

That's great, Thanks

Hi,

We are so glad to hear that you have completed the Access to Bath course and hopefully learnt a lot of things along the way!

For anyone wondering about the course, it is a online course which is offered to students with specific Widening Participation backgrounds to aid integration into university as well as offer students a reduced grade upon completion. The course offers lots of information about the University of Bath, living away from home, as well as lots of opportunity to reflect on your thoughts and feelings about moving away.

The course can be completed at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home and it is not too demanding so can easily be completed whilst enjoying your summer! The deadline for the completion of the course is 31st July and is set up in a way to help students achieve the best grade they can - with options to review sections as well as a multiple choice test at the end.

Please let us know if you have any more questions about the course!

Sophia (2nd Year Student)
Reply 8
Hey there, I’m interested in starting this course, can I still sign up for it? If so, how do I get involved?
Reply 9
I got an offer from the university of bath and they sent me an email with the link to the course. Yes you can still sign up for it, the deadline to finish this course is the 31st July.
Original post by Ashlyn00
Hey there, I’m interested in starting this course, can I still sign up for it? If so, how do I get involved?

I'm pretty sure it's only if you're specifically invited to do it, but if your offer letter mentions it then yeah you should be able to find a link from there and it's open until the end of the month.
I'm pretty sure it's only if you're specifically invited to do it, but if your offer letter mentions it then yeah you should be able to find a link from there and it's open until the end of the month.

Hi there @bloodyeclipse!

Thanks for your post above - this is correct! When you apply for Bath and you receive an offer, and UCAS has identified that you meet certain criteria (e.g. you live in an area where there is lower participation in higher education, you are a young adult carer - full list here) you will be given a link to the course with your offer, and if you complete and pass it, the admissions team will be notified and you will be eligible for the alternative offer. This means that if you have chosen us as your firm or insurance, and you meet the alternative offer conditions on 17th August on results day, then your place here is guaranteed if you choose to accept it.

If you choose to do it, many of the modules/sections on university life and skills have resources you can download as pdfs and use and refer back to later on in your journey too, so its definitely worth making the most of it if you are invited :smile: As mentioned above, 31st July 2023 is the deadline for completing the course and the end-of-course assessment.

I know the prospect of doing an assessment at the end of a course may seem really daunting, even if it is only in your own time and multiple choice - it is totally normal to feel like this - all I can say is just do the best you can :smile: and if you have any concerns or questions then please do contact the team: [email protected] - they'll be more than happy to help and advise in whatever way they can.

Wishing you all the very best of luck come August! We're all here rooting for you.

Holly
University of Bath
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest