The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
rockrunride
Haha, just got a ********** from the Communications sab about using my society's email to advertise an "inappropriate" job, namely an athletic female assistant in a shoe shop, to help with fitting womens' running shoes.

Now I like to be quite feminist myself, but I never knew about this level.

UNION. ASPIRE TONIGHT. YOU'RE GOING. NO EXCUSES. kthxbye.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 581
Take that Oxford :teeth:
Indeed. Their terms are too short anyway. 24 weeks? Srsly.
So is law! I don't think I have enough time this year to do all the work required of me ><
Agreed. Way too much work for Neuroscience for my liking...
Reply 585
I feel slightly guilty that I don't have very much...History ftw!
Reply 586
paddy
Screw Imperial, St Andrews is no. 87.

Suck my arse St Andrews, even Sheffield scored higher :rofl:

Tea next week maybe?
Reply 587
Dann
Tea next week maybe?

Um YES PLEASE.

When's good for you Dannyboy?
Reply 588
I'm really pissed off at the moment. I auditioned for the Symphony Orchestra earlier in the week and got a place - great. I love playing in orchestras so obviously I was thrilled! However, when I told the orchestra managers that I can't do the first concert (due to prior commitments made literally months ago, which are now too late to change) they replied saying that if I can't rearrange things then I'll be out of the orchestra.:frown: :frown: I don't see why they're being so incredibly strict about it - it's only one concert after all. So gutting, as I was really looking forward to being a member of the orchestra, and I know it would have been a great experience.

Has anyone on here been in the symphony orchestra? If so, how strict are they about attending rehearsals? My predicament is that even if I just completely threw in my prior commitments and did do the first concert, and therefore wasn't thrown out of the orchestra, I know that I wouldn't be able to make literally every rehearsal this year. Obviously I would go to as many as I could, but I'm doing an MA and have loads of work to do - and my MA has to come first, because it's my professional qualification and my career literally depends on it.
Freols
Ah yes! I'm a friend of Max, I'll try to make another appearance and say hello some time! :p:

Which Max? Lolloway or Fagadingdong?
Onearmedbandit
Which Max? Lolloway or Fagadingdong?
I know this is going to sound weird, but you made a pirate song on your computer ages ago (before you went to ucl) and seeing your post reminded me of it. I don't suppose you still have it?
Llamageddon
I know this is going to sound weird, but you made a pirate song on your computer ages ago (before you went to ucl) and seeing your post reminded me of it. I don't suppose you still have it?

Yes, I do :p: lol
Onearmedbandit
Yes, I do :p: lol
if it's not too much trouble for you to rehost it, could you pass it over? it was really cool :tongue:
Reply 593
Relating to my little rant on here yesterday, I've just had an email from the orchestra people saying that I can still be a member after all despite not being able to do the first concert! Yay!:woo:
Kew
Relating to my little rant on here yesterday, I've just had an email from the orchestra people saying that I can still be a member after all despite not being able to do the first concert! Yay!:woo:

Hey Kate, glad they're still letting you in :smile: I went to the orchestra a loooooong time ago - back in my 1st year - and they were very strict back then, and it seems to be similar now. They'd call it "professional", I guess, but then it's not really that much fun :frown: Especially for brass, who never seem to got to play much....
I am loving clinical medicine - but I am ever so slightly jealous of fresher's/2nd years and being able to do all society/clubbing/etc shiz. :frown:
Reply 596
Onearmedbandit
Hey Kate, glad they're still letting you in :smile: I went to the orchestra a loooooong time ago - back in my 1st year - and they were very strict back then, and it seems to be similar now. They'd call it "professional", I guess, but then it's not really that much fun :frown: Especially for brass, who never seem to got to play much....

Hi Mike! Haha, yes I'm rather glad too! Was the strictness of the orchestra the reason why you left? I'm hoping they won't be really, really strict this year because I know for a fact I won't be able to go to literally every rehearsal over the entire year. From the email I got back from them they sounded pretty friendly, so fingers crossed...
Lost my student card and can't remember where to go to get another one. :nn:
littleshambles
Lost my student card and can't remember where to go to get another one. :nn:

Security office or something like that. I know Student Records don't do them.
rockrunride
Security office or something like that. I know Student Records don't do them.

Times like this I wish I had my trusty UCL Map, courtesy of UCL Maps Division, or whatever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending