The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Just went to moonies for the first time.
Surprisingly enjoyed it!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1781
Original post by Hhanr
Just went to moonies for the first time.
Surprisingly enjoyed it!

How drunk were you? :wink:

Might try it out at the end of term...
Bloomsbury Fitness is pissing me off :rant: they didn't give me a login PIN on signing up and it took forever to get through on the phone to find out, and now it's not letting me book anything on the website. Can't be bothered to go through the process of ringing up again this evening but I don't understand why it isn't working.
I can't believe it, but I have an interview to study English in December (I'm in year 13)- can anyone enlighten me on what it will entail, and how to do well in it? Also, if you're interviewed early, does it mean I might have a better chance of getting in? Is there a specific order? I didn't expect to hear from UCL at all, let alone so soon! Sorry for jeopardizing your thread everyone! Cheers :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1785
Original post by fait

Hmmm, not drastically. Actually probably one of my least drunk nights out.
Original post by Hhanr
Hmmm, not drastically. Actually probably one of my least drunk nights out.

Haha seriously? I'm a Moonies regular, and I love it. But I actually have nightmares about being there sober. Same goes for the Roxy, haha :P

Original post by fait

Just do it, along with £1 drinks at the union it's the cheapest night out you'll get in London as far as I can tell. Unless you're one of those jammy bastards who gets tables and drinks in proper clubs for free because they're friends with the promoters :colonhash:
Original post by dirtyoldriver
Just do it, along with £1 drinks at the union it's the cheapest night out you'll get in London as far as I can tell. Unless you're one of those jammy bastards who gets tables and drinks in proper clubs for free because they're friends with the promoters :colonhash:

Yupyup!

TBH, I'm one of those 'seedy promoters' and know most of the bouncers in Piccadilly Circus and get free entry BUT Moonies may be one of my favourite nights ever! Plus I always get a lollipop from Tony the bouncer :biggrin:
Reply 1789
Is it compulsory to live in UCL halls of residence as first years
Original post by Sir KBS
Is it compulsory to live in UCL halls of residence as first years

Nope not all.
Reply 1791
[QUOTE="Noodlzzz;34961451"]Nope not all.[/QUOTE

Do people sometimes rent nearby?
Reply 1792
Original post by dirtyoldriver

As was about to say 'do I look like one of those jammy bastards' until I realised you don't who the hell I am, haha.

I actually don't like clubs. I'll go for certain occasions like end of term or friends parties' but otherwise I wouldn't go. Not my thing. But I've been here for 2 years already...might as well try it out!
Reply 1793
Original post by Mother_Russia
Haha seriously? I'm a Moonies regular, and I love it. But I actually have nightmares about being there sober. Same goes for the Roxy, haha :P

This, drinks in moonies arnt that bad but its defs better to be quite drunk before you get there. My favourite bit is the massive card they give you on entry xD
the vodka there is the worst you'll find outside a dodgy russian groceries in the sticks that's been made in an old boiler and has bits of limescale in.

but it's £1.50.
Original post by littleshambles
the vodka there is the worst you'll find outside a dodgy russian groceries in the sticks that's been made in an old boiler and has bits of limescale in.

but it's £1.50.

You would now know that, wouldn't you!

So there's worse vodka than moonies' special in Russia..
Original post by rockrunride
You would now know that, wouldn't you!

So there's worse vodka than moonies' special in Russia..

think of the worst example of anything you've found in england.

there's worse in russia.

always.
In Mother Russia, vodka drinks you! :russia:
(edited 12 years ago)
Cheesed off is not the term.

More like livid. Someone's recalled the book I wanted to use for my essay (it's out of print) and I went to the library specifically early so I could snap it up.

There's about 20 of us in that class. Which means the bugger that did it knows me well!

30p a day from 8 December to 10 January, a worthwhile price for an essay?
Reply 1799
Original post by rockrunride
Cheesed off is not the term.

More like livid. Someone's recalled the book I wanted to use for my essay (it's out of print) and I went to the library specifically early so I could snap it up.

There's about 20 of us in that class. Which means the bugger that did it knows me well!

30p a day from 8 December to 10 January, a worthwhile price for an essay?

If you've got till the 8th Dec, skim through the book and photocopy the pages you need?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending