The Student Room Group

I woke up with bruises on my stomach and neck

Hey im 17 males and I woke up earlier today and I have like one large bruises over the left side of my ribs it's about 6cm in diameter and there's like a flux of colours so I'm not sure if it is numerous bruises or one I also have a downwards bruise on my neck on the let side also it hurts quite bad and I've felt sick but haven't been sick yet. My mums at work in Scotland for the week and won't be back until Sunday night or off work until late tonight . Does anyone have any idea how this could have happened I don't understand how I could have just woken up with massive bruises on me. I'm not sure if it's something to be concerned about or if it'll just go in a few days
Have you been bitten by an insect or feeling unwell over the last fortnight?
Are you taking any medication or on a special diet?
Do any members of your family bruise easily?
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Have you been bitten by an insect or feeling unwell over the last fortnight?
Are you taking any medication or on a special diet?
Do any members of your family bruise easily?

I can't see any bites nor did I feel unwell before I woke up. I haven't took any prescription medication but I took some tabs 2 days ago I doubt that would have any affect on it tho. I don't have a special diet either and no none of my family members bruise easily, this hasn't ever happened before to me either
Original post by AdanBaker
I can't see any bites nor did I feel unwell before I woke up. I haven't took any prescription medication but I took some tabs 2 days ago I doubt that would have any affect on it tho. I don't have a special diet either and no none of my family members bruise easily, this hasn't ever happened before to me either

Either ring 111 or speak to a pharmacist who will be able to advise you on the situation
Reply 4
Original post by thrivingfrog
Either ring 111 or speak to a pharmacist who will be able to advise you on the situation

Do you think I'd be alright waiting until tonight so I can tell my mum or should I do it now

Could be due to a vitamin deficiency or part of the side effect of the tablets.
Some dietary supplements including garlic, ginkgo biloba, cod liver oil or omega can also cause bruising.
Do you think I'd be alright waiting until tonight so I can tell my mum or should I do it now

Did you ask you mum if you could join TSR to ask? If not, I don't see why you would wait to ask her now.

Do it now and just tell her later, she'd rather you get help than sit there and wait (imo)
Just go doctor bro stop being so goofy and asking on TSR seriously wtf?
Did you find out what it was?

Quick Reply

Latest