The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Psychology at UEL 1st year '22

Hi, I'm planning to study at UEL this coming September.

I'm a little worried cos I took a sort-of gap year/ another course in a whole other country before coming back so I'm not sure what I'm doing rn tbh.

I have one friend that went to UEL who said 'it was okay, but not really', and a co-worker that said they were really happy with their time at the school. Neither of them took psych though and I've been told the experience does tend to be different per department.

I was wondering if anyone who is currently taking psychology at UEL have any feedback, good or bad. either way I'm kinda set to go to the school.

Also, anyone going this year? Would be nice to have someone to talk to
Hey I have just finished my psychology foundation year at UEL and awaiting a few resit results.in my experience there were quite a few issues on the foundation year, Lack of feedback during assignment results, some very very wordy lectures that had too much information it was overwhelming, but all these complaints had been address and put forward.As for UEL admin on the whole there have been ALOT of issues, for a start I wasn't even on their system despite them sending me emails and updating me so I missed the entire induction week. Also trying to get through to anyone in any department to help was about a 4-5 hour wait time if they didn't cut you off and hang up on you.so aside from that its been okhope this helps, happy to answer any specific questions you may have,
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Original post by LaizC
Hi, I'm planning to study at UEL this coming September.

I'm a little worried cos I took a sort-of gap year/ another course in a whole other country before coming back so I'm not sure what I'm doing rn tbh.

I have one friend that went to UEL who said 'it was okay, but not really', and a co-worker that said they were really happy with their time at the school. Neither of them took psych though and I've been told the experience does tend to be different per department.

I was wondering if anyone who is currently taking psychology at UEL have any feedback, good or bad. either way I'm kinda set to go to the school.

Also, anyone going this year? Would be nice to have someone to talk to

Hi, I hope you are doing well.

You can have a chat with one of our students who studied this course via our website here: https://www.uel.ac.uk/study/student-life/chat-our-students?unibuddy=inbox/60d1d74f336be207c65965c2

Feel free to ask them any questions about their time here and their experience studying this course.

I hope this helps.:h:

- Samantha
Reply 3
Original post by Samuelmiles
Hey I have just finished my psychology foundation year at UEL and awaiting a few resit results.in my experience there were quite a few issues on the foundation year, Lack of feedback during assignment results, some very very wordy lectures that had too much information it was overwhelming, but all these complaints had been address and put forward.As for UEL admin on the whole there have been ALOT of issues, for a start I wasn't even on their system despite them sending me emails and updating me so I missed the entire induction week. Also trying to get through to anyone in any department to help was about a 4-5 hour wait time if they didn't cut you off and hang up on you.so aside from that its been okhope this helps, happy to answer any specific questions you may have,

Hi, Im also going to UEL this year, what was your exact master for psycho?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending