The Student Room Group

Help! Interview for Counselling undergrad degree at UEL

Hi guys!

So I got a conditional offer pending successful interview for the Counselling undergraduate degree at University of East London. I was wondering that because of Covid-19, the interviews are all online which is fine but I was wondering what they may ask/do? As normally these interviews have group activities and such but I guess that can't happen now so I was wondering how they are going about it.

Anyone had similar? I'd be super grateful if you could let me know how they conduct it!

Thanks!
hi not sure if you will see this but i have my interview for the same course next week, wondering if you could help with what they ask, i have no idea how to prepare! Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by inaya_29
hi not sure if you will see this but i have my interview for the same course next week, wondering if you could help with what they ask, i have no idea how to prepare! Thanks

Hi, I have an interview for the counselling undergraduate @ East London university. Are you on the course? How has it been for you and can you give me any advice regarding what they ask at the interview or is their any role play exercises?
Reply 3
Research the UEL departmental website. See if you can identify the research interests.

Be clear about why you want to study psychology and what you want to do with your degree. Don't say you want to help people! Have an interest in specific areas and be aware of hot topics. Show some understanding of the scientific method i.e. long, slow process to get a tiny step forward. Are you a patient dedicated studier/researcher?

E.g.'s:
Was Freud a fraud and what about the other one and those archetypes? What are the limits of CBT? Was the govt/NHS wise to adopt it. Was it because it's the cheapest (six sessions apparently). Know the difference between psychosis and neurosis and obviously psychology and psychiatry. Will H Saps ever outgrow war? Think of you own examples.

Why UEL?

Is psychology actually a science at all?

Be clear about your personal attributes which will make you a good student.

See if you can practice with a friend or relative. Make sure your equipment works properly and choose your clothes carefully. If you do a practice most software lets you record the session so you can review it later.
Reply 4
Original post by Grizwuld
Research the UEL departmental website. See if you can identify the research interests.

Be clear about why you want to study psychology and what you want to do with your degree. Don't say you want to help people! Have an interest in specific areas and be aware of hot topics. Show some understanding of the scientific method i.e. long, slow process to get a tiny step forward. Are you a patient dedicated studier/researcher?

E.g.'s:
Was Freud a fraud and what about the other one and those archetypes? What are the limits of CBT? Was the govt/NHS wise to adopt it. Was it because it's the cheapest (six sessions apparently). Know the difference between psychosis and neurosis and obviously psychology and psychiatry. Will H Saps ever outgrow war? Think of you own examples.

Why UEL?

Is psychology actually a science at all?

Be clear about your personal attributes which will make you a good student.

See if you can practice with a friend or relative. Make sure your equipment works properly and choose your clothes carefully. If you do a practice most software lets you record the session so you can review it later.

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending