The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

oxymoronic
They will not let you use the AC grades you already have. Unless they've changed the system, offers come as: 'BBB from GCE A level examinations sat in 2006' ... or whatever year it is your are applying, so yours will be 2009 exams. This means your grades will have to come from the ones you're doing this year, but then, thats only one extra B as your C wouldn't be accepted anyway.

None of my Unis offer considering the already taken A levels AFAIK, I am hoping it'll give me a bit of an extra boost though... but I still surpass BBB so I think I'm okay, right?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
A Stranger in Moscow
None of my Unis offer considering the already taken A levels AFAIK, I am hoping it'll give me a bit of an extra boost though... but I still surpass BBB so I think I'm okay, right?

Depends what you stick on your PS, grades don't mean anything. But you'll be in with a chance of an offer, yeah.

One of my friends just graduated from neuroscience, and another is doing it at the moment. They liked it.
oxymoronic
Depends what you stick on your PS, grades don't mean anything. But you'll be in with a chance of an offer, yeah.

One of my friends just graduated from neuroscience, and another is doing it at the moment. They liked it.

Yeah, it's one of my top choices. Course looks good. It's got a pretty high offer rate for Edinburgh as well. Handy stuff.
Reply 43
Well, I've applied, and would really, really love to go, but since I pretty much screwed up my application...:frown:
Oh well, shouldn't give up now...

One question: does Edinburgh ask for any written work to be submitted after applying??
Reply 44
Anyone who has an idea of when offers for History and Politics (or similar courses) are given? I just got the EUCLID-email today, and it says it can be everything from a couple of weeks to March.
Feb/March time next year for History and Politics I'd say, as its really popular so they tend to wait until after the Jan deadline to consider. Edinburgh are so annoying with the speed they give out offers, it was the last one I recieved and got it 2 months after all of my others and it was the one I was wanting the most. You're in for a long wait!

TamLu- What course are you applying for? I've never known anyone to have to submit written work, the only one I can think of it being a possibility is with arcitecture but I don't know. Its certainly not standard policy anyway.
Good luck!
tsparrow
Hi peeps! Thought I'd start a thread for the lucky people who are going to Edinburgh in 2009. I know we've got aaages yet, but we can still enthuse about it :jive:
As you can probably tell, it has just begun to sink in...
I'm doing Architecture, btw. Needed BBB, and got ABB (in Biology, Chem & Physics). Scraped the Physics (2 marks) :yikes:

am applying for architecture too..I got AAA hopefully i'll get an offer...but i heard is very competitive!
Reply 47
How come my friend has had an email from Edinburgh acknowledging her application and I haven't when I applied way before her? :frown:
Reply 48
Have you checked your junk mail? i got mine:smile: applied for Economics and Philosophy last thursday!
Reply 49
Slothuus
Anyone who has an idea of when offers for History and Politics (or similar courses) are given? I just got the EUCLID-email today, and it says it can be everything from a couple of weeks to March.

I got an offer for Politics in January, but it could be later than that.
Reply 50
Closer*
Have you checked your junk mail? i got mine:smile: applied for Economics and Philosophy last thursday!

Yay I got it today. Now wtf is this EASE thing?!
kjc_us
Now wtf is this EASE thing?!

EASE is the "Edinburgh Authentication SErvice", it's just the body that you need to create an account with and log into to access the university's online resources.
Reply 52
kjc_us
Yay I got it today. Now wtf is this EASE thing?!

I got one too, you use it to check ur application progress...so far track has been useless to me. I've either recieved letters (imperial rejection :frown:) or an email from the uni themselves lol. It's basically a track but only for Edinburgh apps
Oxy
It's basically a track but only for Edinburgh apps

EASE isn't just for applicants (and it's nothing to do with track). It is the login service for a number of different online facilities that the university provides, one of which is communicating with you pre-offer/pre-joining the university and letting you see the progress of your application.
Reply 54
artorscience?
EASE isn't just for applicants (and it's nothing to do with track). It is the login service for a number of different online facilities that the university provides, one of which is communicating with you pre-offer/pre-joining the university and letting you see the progress of your application.

Yeah i didnt say it had anything to do with track, i said u use it to track only edinburgh applications, and i didnt say it wasn't used for anything else either.
Reply 55
oxymoronic, sorry for not replying:smile: I saw your post but then forgot all about it cos I had so much work to do at the time. I'm applying for Russian Studies and Social Policy.

I've registered and logged into EASE but I can't find the Track My Application thing... It's just not on the sidebar, where they say it's supposed to be.
And when I clicked on a link in the guide supposedly leading to it, it didn't function...

Why isn't it there?:confused: :confused:
Reply 56
ive applied for a geography BSC, does anyone know when the offers were give out last year for this course, also my freind told me you could look up the offer chances on the internet, does anyone have a link for this they could post,

thanks
Reply 57
gbp1
ive applied for a geography BSC, does anyone know when the offers were give out last year for this course, also my freind told me you could look up the offer chances on the internet, does anyone have a link for this they could post,

thanks

Here.
Reply 58
Absurd

thanks for the link, it is quite usefull
Reply 59
TamLu
oxymoronic, sorry for not replying:smile: I saw your post but then forgot all about it cos I had so much work to do at the time. I'm applying for Russian Studies and Social Policy.

I've registered and logged into EASE but I can't find the Track My Application thing... It's just not on the sidebar, where they say it's supposed to be.
And when I clicked on a link in the guide supposedly leading to it, it didn't function...

Why isn't it there?:confused: :confused:

Once you log into EASE at www.ease.ed.ac.uk, in the menu click on "MyED" then it should open on the myApplications page, if it doesn't its on the top bar of MyED. There will be a picture in the middle that says "launch EUCLID", click on that and it will take you to the track application section.

Latest

Trending

Trending