The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well depends on whether I get an offer or not, but I'm defo applying, looks amazing. :smile:

Congrats on the ABB. :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Going to the open day for a look on september 5th. Anyone else?
Reply 3
definatly applying to v100 history and maybe social&ecnomic aswell
Reply 4
Du Ba
Going to the open day for a look on september 5th. Anyone else?

I really wanted to but travel arrangements aren't working out. :frown:
Reply 5
I'm applying for History and Politics, if i get in i'll be over the moon. It's practically my second home, i can't think of a city more wonderful to both live and study in!
Reply 6
I'm applying for History too. I went to the open day and fell in love with the university and the city (the day after i'd fallen out of love with Glasgow Uni), I mean it has a castle and a festival!! Not that i'm shallow enough to be swayed by such things :grin:
Reply 7
I'm applying for Modern Languages & European Studies and going to an open day on 27th Sep, anyone else going as well??
I'm pretty sure I'll fall in love with the city of what I've seen so far, although I've never been IN Edinburgh yet! :smile:

tsparrow, I was wondering how you can know it already? Are you doing a gap year or sth? :wink: congrats on the ABB!
Reply 8
I'm applying for Physics, haven't been to an open day but love the city :smile: People largely don't seem to understand why I'd rather go to Edinburgh than Cambridge :biggrin:
Reply 9
Gilmorism
I'm applying for History too. I went to the open day and fell in love with the university and the city (the day after i'd fallen out of love with Glasgow Uni), I mean it has a castle and a festival!! Not that i'm shallow enough to be swayed by such things :grin:

Haha sure you aren't!

The festival is brilliant though, a whole month of comedy, film, art, random street performers and music. If i get in, i know already what my excess money is being saved for...
Reply 10
Im applying for Chemistry.
Reply 11
Mithra
I'm applying for Physics, haven't been to an open day but love the city :smile: People largely don't seem to understand why I'd rather go to Edinburgh than Cambridge :biggrin:

I preferred Edinburgh to Oxford so hi5 for that. Good Luck to all you applicants :biggrin:
Digsy333
I'm applying for Modern Languages & European Studies and going to an open day on 27th Sep, anyone else going as well??
I'm pretty sure I'll fall in love with the city of what I've seen so far, although I've never been IN Edinburgh yet! :smile:

tsparrow, I was wondering how you can know it already? Are you doing a gap year or sth? :wink: congrats on the ABB!

im applying for modern languages too and im going to the open day on the 27th :biggrin:

ive only been in edinburgh briefly but i liked the limited amount i saw!
Reply 13
Digsy333

You'll love it! Thanx :smile: , yes I'm on a gap year now woop :biggrin:
Reply 14
I'm looking to study English literature somewhere and I definitely will be looking at Edinburgh (even if it's just to get away from home!). I'm heading to the open day on the 27th to try and find out more. :smile:
I'm going! (deffered my place) I am doing Economics and Politics.

I was up for friday's open day though - mainly for a good look at the campus/George sqarearea.
I'm applying for accouting. :biggrin:
Reply 17
nessiehibs
I'm applying for accouting. :biggrin:

Where you at the open day talk on friday for accounting?
Du Ba
Where you at the open day talk on friday for accounting?

yes.

were you?
Reply 19
yes

It was so funny. Was it a chinese man that took the talk that you were at? He was so funny, however I wasn't impressed by the fact that you can't take just accountancy. Plus I didn't like the univeristy so I will not being applying.

Latest

Trending

Trending