The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A100 (BM5) 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raz6tbj
If you were 1 grade below required how likely would you get the offer

Hello,

4th year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋
I am guessing you have an offer and are asking about predicted vs achieved grades?
I unfortunately can’t really give you an answer as this is a decision made by the admissions team, best course of action would be reaching out to them directly to inquire.
Sorry I couldn’t give you a more definite answer.

Don’t hesitate if you have any other questions

Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)
https://www.southampton.ac.uk
Hi 👋
Does anyone know if you have a graduation ceremony for the BMedSci degree obtained in third year?
Reply 2062
So do you think I should be okay applying with 2800?

Hi- did you apply in the end and did you get an interview?
Original post by username341167
Hi 👋
Does anyone know if you have a graduation ceremony for the BMedSci degree obtained in third year?

Hello,

Final year Bm5 student here 👋
There’s no graduation ceremony for the BMedSci degree. We received the degree in the 2nd week of 4th year first by email and later by the post.
So we only get one graduation ceremony and that is when we finish final year , but we still got to do halfway ball in 3rd year so a mini celebration for being done with the research module.

Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hello,

Final year Bm5 student here 👋
There’s no graduation ceremony for the BMedSci degree. We received the degree in the 2nd week of 4th year first by email and later by the post.
So we only get one graduation ceremony and that is when we finish final year , but we still got to do halfway ball in 3rd year so a mini celebration for being done with the research module.

awh, shame for parents no extra graduation,
but The Ball more fun for students!
Anyone heard anything about doing their DBS check yet??
Or do they sort it when they arrive??
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Mumtogirls
Or do they sort it when they arrive??

I understood it would be in an induction pack which they said would come by email. Has anyone had that yet?
Original post by Gill2021
I understood it would be in an induction pack which they said would come by email. Has anyone had that yet?

Thank you. Guess we'll just wait for it then x
Hi, does anyone know how to access the halls induction, as I can't find it on my accomodation portal. Also whether we will be assigned rooms in the flat or whether it would be first come first served. Please let me know. Thank you :smile:
Reply 2070
Original post by benjoseph123
anyone know what the ucat cut off was for contextual applicants in 2023?

southampton told me 2610, but doesn’t really add up tbh bc people last year contextual got rejected w like 2750 etc so i’m confused
Reply 2071

was this by call or email and was it for 2023 entry?

email, they just said contextual has never gone past 2610
Reply 2072

when did you email, was it once the 2023 cycle had finished?

yeah the middle of october
hey, when did offers start rolling out last year for you guys, this wait is killing me icl
Hi 2024 applicant here. I have been put on waitlist and wonder how many offers have been sent to those on waiting lists? Thanks! They mentioned in the email stating that offers can be sent up until start of the course for those who are on waiting lists. I’m quite worried actually.
Original post by usernamecsk
Hi 2024 applicant here. I have been put on waitlist and wonder how many offers have been sent to those on waiting lists? Thanks! They mentioned in the email stating that offers can be sent up until start of the course for those who are on waiting lists. I’m quite worried actually.

Looking at last years thread they didn't seem to come out until late June, after the UCAS reply deadline, so not as and when they received declines which is my a shame as my son has another offer but really wanted Southampton.
Hi I know this is from last year, but i thought it would be better to ask here as there will be current students on this thread :smile:
I am applying for accommodation at Southampton. Does anyone have a personal opinion or know what the general consensus is of what the ' best accommodation ' is . I would really appreciate all opinions on this no matter how unpopular ! For me personally where i live really matters and I don't mind if its on the pricier side, however i would like to be near medical buildings and the campus where i attend lessons ( I don't mind taking the bus if its free ). A gym nearby would be ideal. I would like to live alone and like to cook so want a decent kitchen and a nice toilet ( no scary toilets please). I would like to be able to commute to the town easily so near public transport ( no long wet late night walks back from town ☹️ ). would appreciate any responses sorry for being so picky , thank you !!!!!! - Amelia

UPDATE I have narrowed it down to Glen eyre , mayflower and wessex just not sure what to rank first Glen or mayflower please help !!!!
(edited 1 week ago)
Original post by amxliaa_c
Hi I know this is from last year, but i thought it would be better to ask here as there will be current students on this thread :smile:
I am applying for accommodation at Southampton. Does anyone have a personal opinion or know what the general consensus is of what the ' best accommodation ' is . I would really appreciate all opinions on this no matter how unpopular ! For me personally where i live really matters and I don't mind if its on the pricier side, however i would like to be near medical buildings and the campus where i attend lessons ( I don't mind taking the bus if its free ). A gym nearby would be ideal. I would like to live alone and like to cook so want a decent kitchen and a nice toilet ( no scary toilets please). I would like to be able to commute to the town easily so near public transport ( no long wet late night walks back from town ☹️ ). would appreciate any responses sorry for being so picky , thank you !!!!!! - Amelia

Cynthia ☎️ Amelia calling!
@Uni of Southampton Students
@Uni of Southampton official rep
Original post by amxliaa_c
UPDATE I have narrowed it down to Glen eyre , mayflower and wessex just not sure what to rank first Glen or mayflower please help !!!!

Hello,

Final year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋
Congratulations on your offer!
In terms of uni accommodation, unfortunately you won’t be living in a flat on your own so you will have to share a kitchen. You can of course opt for an ensuite room and then you won’t share a bathroom.
Glen is the closest accommodation to campus, it has a small gym on site but is also close to the campus gym.
I stayed in Glen and really enjoyed it.
Mayflower is lovely but is in City centre, so a 30 minute bus ride from campus and a 30 bus min ride to the hospital. First year is split with teaching on campus and teaching at the hospital. Most socials in first year happen on portswood road so Glen or Wessex are better suited for socials.
If you are set on living alone , then private accommodation or rentals are better suited.
Hope this is helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending